X Axis does not work

We provide online after sales support here, very quick reply.

Moderators: baker, Thunder laser - Tom, Thunder Laser -Nolan

Forum rules
All members should make themselves familiar with the forum rules. Please ensure you read this section of the forum BEFORE posting.
This sub-forum is only for thunderlaser users ask for tech support from thunderlaser tech persons directly. The normal member should raise your questions in the General Discussion sub-forum. Before ask a new question, please read the "Previously Asked Questions"first to save your time.
woodcraf

X Axis does not work

Post by woodcraf »

Hi there - my x axis does not seem to be working. Can you please tell me what trouble shooting steps I need to follow to determine what the issue is?

The machine is not able to reset to the top left corner when turned on.

Thanks - Dan
Ben

Re: X Axis does not work

Post by Ben »

Hi Dan,

Sorry to hear that your machine is not working well.
For your problem,please help to check with me.
The x axis does not work,will it reset when turn on,or the x axis does not reset normally,i mean it will hit the origin then you cannot move x axis by arrow key on LCD panel.
woodcraf

Post by woodcraf »

Hi Ben - the X axis does not reset after the machine is turned off. In addition, the key pad does not work to move the x axis. Thanks - Dan
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Dan,

The X axis does not work.
Please further check according to the document below.
WhyXaxis .pdf
(580.64 KiB) Downloaded 668 times
woodcraf

Post by woodcraf »

Hi Ben - I replaced both the x limit switch and the servo motor and I am still having problems. However, I am getting a flashing red light on the right blue box (not the left one as circled in the the picture in the pdf you sent me).

I tried attaching a photo to this message but all I got was an error message so I will email you the photo.

Any thoughts on what I should do now?

Thank you!
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Dan,

Please answer my question.
Did you test the x limit switch according to the PDF document?If it's working well or not?

From your photo,you swap the wire for left and right blue driver.
Before that,you said the x axis does not work,so the left one(controlling the x motor)should get a flashing red light.
After swapping,the right blue driver is getting a flashing red light,then left one is working fine to control the Y motor.
It seems more likely the x motor is fault.

Please first check if the x limit switch is working well or not.
woodcraf

Post by woodcraf »

Hi Ben - I did the test for the x limit switch and it is not working. I replaced the x limit switch already so it must be the wire? There are two wires connected to the x limit switch. Do you know which would I should replace first or should I replace both?

Secondly, I did not switch the wires between the left and right blue boxes. I've never touched those boxes.

Thanks
woodcraf

Post by woodcraf »

Hi Ben - I replaced the x axis limit switch wire which resolved that issue. But then the machine caught fire. It looks like only one piece was damaged. I need to know what this piece is so that I can replace it. I cannot attach a photo to this message so I have emailed you.

Thank you!