The latest version of RDWorks still stop working if I try to make a “Load

We provide online after sales support here, very quick reply.

Moderators: baker, Thunder laser - Tom, Thunder Laser -Nolan

Forum rules
All members should make themselves familiar with the forum rules. Please ensure you read this section of the forum BEFORE posting.
This sub-forum is only for thunderlaser users ask for tech support from thunderlaser tech persons directly. The normal member should raise your questions in the General Discussion sub-forum. Before ask a new question, please read the "Previously Asked Questions"first to save your time.
Rob_Bottum

The latest version of RDWorks still stop working if I try to make a “Load

Post by Rob_Bottum »

Hi
I have receive the machine, and I already have make some tests. But now I have some questions:The latest version of RDWorks (Updated on 20 November 2014, on the website) still stop working if I try to make a “Load Select”. Are you sure that on the Website, this is the latest version (the version which fix this bug)?
I have try to cut a 3mm cardboard and a 3mm MDF plate. I have try a lot of settings, and I notice that during the cutting process (not always, but with some settings), there are some flames (its burning) on the surface of the material. The air pump is working, but I am not sure if the air is coming out of the nozzel. Could that be the problem? I mean, if there is no air comming out of the nozzel, could that make some flame on the surface of the material
Apart from that, I am very happy with the machine!
Thanke you in advance for your support
Best regards
Rob
Thunder laser - Tom

Re: The latest version of RDWorks still stop working if I try to make a “Load

Post by Thunder laser - Tom »

Hi Rob
good day,sorry for my late reply,just just back weekend.
1. i already release a new latest version of RDworks software in our website
Please download it, then try to make a "load select" again, and check it if it will be still stop working
I have had tested in my computer, and it is working fine
http://www.thunderlaser.com/technical-s ... tware.html

2. Do you have tried to use the previous way to check if the air pump is working fine in my last email
Also one more thing about this problem, please check if the air condition of air blow system is turn on
please see the attached, there is a air condition that can adjust the amount of air blow includes turn it off.

Looking forward to you reply
Rob_Bottum

Post by Rob_Bottum »

Hi
I have a question regarding the RDWorks software. There is a feature on "LaserGrav", that on the control panel where the layer settings are displayed (see lasergrav.tiff). In the column "Output", there is a checkbox that you can select or not. And the effect is: when the checkbox of a color is selected, the color appears on the display. And when the color checkbox is not selected, the color disappear from the display. This is good.

Where can I find this feature in the RDWorks Software. I mean, on RDWorks you can also select if the color should be "output" or not, but if the output of this color=NO, the color still appears on the display. Is there a way on RDWorks, to also make the color disappear from the display if the output=No?

And I have an other question: I have tested the HR head, which works fine. But I find out that the tube of the air conditioner (the tube connected directly to the HR Head) is a bit to short. It's missing about 2-3cm. What can I do to resolve this? I can connect the tube to the HR Head but the tube is very extended (to much stretched).

Thank you in advance for your reply and your help
best regards
Rob
Thunder laser - Tom

Hi Rob
Yeah, RDWorks software also has this feature set if certain color is output or not
see below picture
<if the color is output or not.jpg>
it is different with the lasergrav software that setting way, no a checkbox, but also has a option to select
but even if you set it no output for certain colors, the color is still appear on the interface of software.
it is also different with the Lasergrav, how to make the color disappear from the display if the output is NO? i have no idea
but it will disappears on the display with this color if it was set NO output
you know, for RDworks controller that the panel display also can show the layer color for users, but lasergrav has not this feature
i mean to the operate display, no interface of pc.
we wouldn't changed it

question 2:
you mean the blue air tube is a bit short, right
how to resolve this?
1. would you please make the HR laser head to upper direction, reduce their distance
2. if there are still short to connect the tube to the HR laser head, we can only replace a longer blue tube for that
but if the air conditioner(white connection stuff) can keep up the blue air tube, not let the tube loose. that is also no problem should be

Looking forward to hear from you
Rob_Bottum

Post by Rob_Bottum »

Hi Thunderlaser

thank you for your reply. Regarding the HR laser tube, everything is ok now, I resolved my problem!

I have one more question:

I have tried to cut a 800 mm x 800 mm big square (with 4 right angles). But now I have see that there is a deviation of 4mm (on the Y axis) on a distance of 800mm (on the X axis). So in fact, my square don't have 4 right angles, so its not really a square. Did you see what I mean? Is there a way to calibrate the machine to be able to minimize this deviation?

thanks in advanced for you support
best regards
Rob
Thunder laser - Tom

Hi Rob
Is it possible caused by the material bent or the graphics of file is not good
I never encounter this problem before, but i think that the hardware of machine should be work fine.
Do you have checked if that is cause by the material bent or the file has a problem?
what the material you used and please send me your file to me for testing, thanks
Rob_Bottum

Post by Rob_Bottum »

Hi Thunderlaser

ok, I have to make more tests and will give you a feedback.

thank you for your support
best regards
Christophe
Rob