Thunderlaser Mars

We provide online after sales support here, very quick reply.

Moderators: baker, Thunder laser - Tom, Thunder Laser -Nolan

Forum rules
All members should make themselves familiar with the forum rules. Please ensure you read this section of the forum BEFORE posting.
This sub-forum is only for thunderlaser users ask for tech support from thunderlaser tech persons directly. The normal member should raise your questions in the General Discussion sub-forum. Before ask a new question, please read the "Previously Asked Questions"first to save your time.
Lester Lio

Re: Thunderlaser Mars

Post by Lester Lio »

Hello Tom,

I took a look in the laser head. Found a cracked lens and replaced it with one that was supplied. (See attached pictures) Then refocused the beam. As far as I can tell the machine is running the way it should now, I was able to cut through our gasket material. I still need to play around with speed and power settings to find an optimum setting to get a clean cut.

Referring to the cracked focusing lens, just for my future reference, what would have caused this to happen? Unless it was damaged from the laser itself. The only other reason I can think of is when I put a piece of sticky back paper over the circular hole, going to the mirror on the laser head to check the focus, a piece was burnt off and fell onto the lens while still burning. Looking at the attached pictures there is a white spot where the burning paper would have landed. Does this make sense?

The good news is it’s finally working! Thanks again for all your help.
Thunder laser - Tom

Post by Thunder laser - Tom »

Lester
Good to hear that we already find out where is the problem
Like you said that the issue was should caused by a burning paper when put a piece of sticky back paper over the circular hole
and it fell onto the lens while still burning,
Because we have take it out to clean before ex-factory
So the issue was cause by the burning paper or when the lens was dirty with a little water but we still shotting a high power to it and when the lens was overheat, it cracked
Ok, anyway, the laser is working well now this is really a good new

So if you still have any questions, please just contact with me again freely

Have a nice day
Lester Lio

Post by Lester Lio »

Hello Tom,

Laser is still running quite well. We are having one issue with the focusing lens though. It keeps cracking. We have gone through all the spares. They should not be breaking this easily. I had noticed before, that some of the paper that was used for focusing had burnt off and fell onto the first lens, but this is not the case anymore. I have since cleaned out this area and replaced the lens. What would cause the lens to keep cracking like it is? I attached some pictures of the cracked lenses.
Thunder laser - Tom

Post by Thunder laser - Tom »

Lester
Sorry to hear that your laser works not good
For the focusing problem
I have a question about when the laser is working, it has turned the air pump power on?
It seems that the air pump isn't working always.
In the meantime, the material was burnt very much while working?

2. do you have cleaned that lens after finished a day's work?
If the laser have been working after the lens is dirty, it will be cracked because that dirty will be generating much more heat on the lens surface.

Looking forward to hear from you
Lester Lio

Post by Lester Lio »

Hello Tom,

Yes, the air pump is running and supplying air to the nozzle. Although, it could not be supplying its full potential because of the way the tube is reduced to the correct size airline. To go from the tube exiting the pump, to the smaller tube that connects in the back of the laser, zip-ties where used to make this reduction. Which is allowing some air to leak out. We will find a new way to make the reduction.

It doesn’t seem to be burning the material while it is cutting.

We have not been cleaning the lens after each day but I think we will start.

Thanks for the insights!