Thunderlaser Mars

We provide online after sales support here, very quick reply.

Moderators: baker, Thunder laser - Tom, Thunder Laser -Nolan

Forum rules
All members should make themselves familiar with the forum rules. Please ensure you read this section of the forum BEFORE posting.
This sub-forum is only for thunderlaser users ask for tech support from thunderlaser tech persons directly. The normal member should raise your questions in the General Discussion sub-forum. Before ask a new question, please read the "Previously Asked Questions"first to save your time.
Lester Lio

Re: Thunderlaser Mars

Post by Lester Lio »

Hello Tom,

I did the quick test you suggested by connecting the output of the chiller to the input of the chiller. Unfortunately, the chiller still beeps. The good thing is that it pumps water. Do you think there could be a flow issue with the heat exchanger? I took the cover off and noticed there was a sensor on the copper pipe going into (or out of) the condenser. (See attached Photo)

Should I continue with focusing of the laser?
Thunder laser - Tom

Post by Thunder laser - Tom »

Hi Lester
Ok, i understand
Now i should be know where is the problem
So we need to do one more time
Please find a piece of magnet and put it on the flow switch, and then running the water chiller, if the alarm stops, it proves the dectetor is broken
If there is still beeps, i have no idea
Where is the flow switch, please see that the attached i send you
Then let me know how it works further
Sorry, i can't open your picture in attachment, it looks that did not sent it with success.

Just test one more time, ok, then you will can runing your laser machine
In addition, if only the dectector was damaged, it will not damage the laser tube because the cooling system is still running normal, just a dectetor has a problem, it will no affect the cooling performance

Looking forward to hear from you
Lester Lio

Post by Lester Lio »

Hello Tom,

We put the magnet to the flow switch and nothing changed. It still beeps.

We did notice that It’s input, after looking around, is required to be 220V. We are currently running 110V 60hz into it.

I will continue on with checking the focus of the laser.
Thunder laser - Tom

Hi Lester
Ok, so it proved that the flow switch is working ok
No, your water chiller is running 110V 60hz into it
I guess that you seen a mark from inside of water chiller after you remove out of the shell
the mark wrote it is required to be 220V, to be honest, i think that water chiller supplier only has one kind of mark that is write 220V for this position
Please see that the attached picture as show, here is tell you what type of your water chiller is 110V or 220V, see there is ok.
Ok, please checking the focus of laser, i will continue on to contact with our supplier to know where is the problem.
Lester Lio

Post by Lester Lio »

Hello Tom,

Sounds good. I will do the focusing in the next day or two and reply back.

I really appreciate all the help. Thank you!
Thunder laser - Tom

Ok, Lester
You are welcome
That is so bad for the water chiller. it should be waste your many time until now
Now the next step is we need to measure if the 24V switch power outputs a 24V voltage.
How to measure a switch power supply if it has outputs a 24V even higher
Please cut if off with the output port, then use a multimeter to measure if it has a 24V voltage output
If that output volt no up to 24V, for example just 18V etc, we think that the switch power supply or water pump will did ont work fine
Need to replace one of them to see if there is a problem.
See that the attached picture shows you which is the switch power supply
I know this step may waste you many time and hard to do it, but we can only try to do it until find out where is the problem

Waiting for your email
Lester Lio

Post by Lester Lio »

Hello Tom,

Good news, we are now supplying the water chiller with 220V. It no longer beeps and the “normal” light it on with good flow.

The bad news. Laser still does not cut. I did the focusing as shown in the video you linked to me from a while ago, and I would say it is in focus. The attached picture shows the results of firing the laser at all four corners with the paper on the laser head. The penetration is consistent and in the center of the nozzle.

Do you have any more thoughts with what may be causing the laser to not have enough power? It seems that no matter what material we’re using, even paper, the laser just scribes the surface of the material and leaves a slight burn mark.
Thunder laser - Tom

Lester
Your water chiller is supplying 220V power?
Do you have check that mark of water chiller if there is connection with 220V?
I checked your record that it shows me your laser is used for 110V, right?
So i guess that your water chiller should be also need to be connect to 110V. but it is incorrect?

Ok, after you checking and the laser beam path is working well
Also a laser beam to the working table of all position are vertical
Ok, Do you set how many power to laser the paper?
1, If the laser beam is working well
2. All the lens and mirrors to be cleaned well
3. set a correct focus distance for all the job
And you checked and finished all the above ways already and get that works fine

Maybe the problem was caused by the laser tube has not output enough power
Lester Lio

Post by Lester Lio »

Tom,
To answer your questions:
Yes, the chiller is now running using 220V (See attached photo). This stopped the beeping and it seems to run very well now.

I did some vertical position tests with paper and the best results happened around 3mm away from the tip of the nozzle. However, it was still only able to cut at the entry points at 95% power. I’ve tried multiple power settings and it does seem to affect the beam’s power, which is good because that tells me it’s not a controller issue.

As far as the beam goes. I did another focusing test on mirror #2. Shot a beam at y=0 and y=max, the two instances were off from each other by 2mm. See Attached photo. I think I will refocus…

I also went through your recommended troubleshooting steps from http://www.thunderlaser.com/technical-s ... rettyPhoto and attempted steps 3 &4. For step 3, I wasn’t exactly sure where the IN port, TH port or the TL port was located. Looking at the picture provided I didn’t find anything similar looking.

Step 4, I set the interface into laser 2, changed it to laser 2 on the software and verified that it was on laser 2 on the control panel’s display. When I went to go run the laser, an alarm from the laser stated there was a water flow issue. I then switched it back to laser 1 and it was fine.
Thunder laser - Tom

Lester
Thank you for your answers
Ok, the water chiller is now running well using 220V volt

Yeah, it should not be caused by the controller issue
If you tests a vertical laser beam to paper at 95% power, it should be can shot it through with the paper.

And after you did another test on mirror 2. shot a beam at y=0 and y=max, yeah, it lookes that is two dots that distances by 2mm.
But you set a 10% power, the laser beam is very small and weak from laser tube to the paper.
So i recommend that you can set the power to 20% and then try it again. i think that two laser dots are not possible complete cover at the same position.
But 2mm distance is too big

For step 3, please no need to check that three ports from the laser power supply, because of now the problem is not caused by that three ports
If there is a problem, the problem is no laser beam, but not now just outputs a weak power.

Step 4, yeah, when you set the interface into laser 2(CN6 port), and changed it to laser 2 on the software
Then you will need to enter the verdor setting to set the wp 2 for laser 2 interface on the software, otherwise the display will be reports a water error message
laser 1(CN5 port) has a pin that wp is for cooling laser beam, also laser 2(CN6 port) has a pin that wp 2 is for the second laser tube.
So when you use the laser 2 to control the laser beam, you will need to tick it with the wp 2 option on the software.

But i think that the problem is also not caused by the laser interface.

Do you have remove the laser head out of the holder and then check the lens if there is a problem, for example, cracking or other dirty etc.