Mars 90 issue

We provide online after sales support here, very quick reply.

Moderators: baker, Thunder laser - Tom, Thunder Laser -Nolan

Forum rules
All members should make themselves familiar with the forum rules. Please ensure you read this section of the forum BEFORE posting.
This sub-forum is only for thunderlaser users ask for tech support from thunderlaser tech persons directly. The normal member should raise your questions in the General Discussion sub-forum. Before ask a new question, please read the "Previously Asked Questions"first to save your time.
Gerard_Degon

Mars 90 issue

Post by Gerard_Degon »

Hello Nolan,

I work with John Szczesniak and for Sam Chiappone at RPI. First, our new Mars 90 (100 watt tube) laser is fantastic. I am really impressed with its quality and ease of use.
As John had explained we are having trouble cutting and engraving ellipses. Attached is a screen shot and the dxf files used. The Ellipse file shape is distorting as theEllipse.jpeg file shows.
The SPIDEY.DXF file cut the ellipse perfectly with the geometry intersecting the ellipse.
Also, we noticed that many of the Icons in the ribbon bar do not work. They highlight but nothing happens. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have to offer,
Sincerely,
Gerard Degon
Thunder Laser -Nolan

Re: Mars 90 issue

Post by Thunder Laser -Nolan »

Hi Gerard
Sorry about it if it brings any troubles to you
For your questions
I've tried to opened two file
And yeah, the problem as you said that the SPIDEY.DXF file is perfectly, but the elipse.dxf must be a problem
I've tried to used corel draw software to open the elipse.dxf file and it shown me that is really an elipse on th interface, but it is distorting in the RDworks
I will send that file to software engineers to check
And i will reply you after engineers to reply me.ok?
One more thing, what software do you used to draw that graphics like the dlipse.dxf file?
Thanks
Have a good night

Best Regards

Nolan