Mars130 arrival

We provide online after sales support here, very quick reply.

Moderators: baker, Thunder laser - Tom, Thunder Laser -Nolan

Forum rules
All members should make themselves familiar with the forum rules. Please ensure you read this section of the forum BEFORE posting.
This sub-forum is only for thunderlaser users ask for tech support from thunderlaser tech persons directly. The normal member should raise your questions in the General Discussion sub-forum. Before ask a new question, please read the "Previously Asked Questions"first to save your time.
Loyd_Washing

Mars130 arrival

Post by Loyd_Washing »

Nolan,
I took delivery of our Mars130 yesterday and set it up today. There are a couple of things that I am not happy with and they are as follows:

1) The front right and back left feet got damaged (bent) during shipping. Although the crate did not show any physical damage on the outside they were bent when I removed the crate panels.
2) When I attempted my first autofocus the sensor did not detect the block of pine (1 1/2 inches thick) and pushed the block of pine into the laser head. I immediately powered the machine off to keep any more damage from occurring. I had to remove the laser head from the gantry as I was afraid that upon power up more damage would occur to the honeycomb table and the laser head. I was able to remove the block of wood and I successfully aligned the laser head, verified focus and perpendicularity of the laser. I found that the sensor for the autofocus system was not sensitive enough to detect anything except my finger. I placed a 1/8th inch thick piece of acrylic under the sensor and it did not detect it (the light on the sensor did not illuminate). I adjusted the sensitivity using the adjustment screw at the top of the sensor and it performs the autofocus maneuver correctly. However, the table has been damaged (bent where the wood block was pushed into the table.
3) When testing the laser the red dot spotting laser burnt out so I need to have that replaced as soon as possible.

Over all I am impressed with the equipment however, I am displeased with above problems. I would very much appreciate the red spotting laser sent overnight as this is creating a delay in starting production on this equipment.

Sincerely,

Loyd Washing
Thunder Laser -Nolan

Re: Mars130 arrival

Post by Thunder Laser -Nolan »

Hi Loyd, sorry for these problems.
1. can you take some pictures of the front right and back left feet to us?

2. and take some pictures of the laser head and honey comb table.
Please unplug the autofocus and ajust the focus distance by manual(you can find the ruler in the tool box)
I will confirm this problem with our technical engineer, and maybe need to send a new one to you.

3. the red dot spotting laser burnt out? what do you mean? it can't work now?
this part is installed at the rear of machine, near the first mirror mount, I will post a picture to you later, as I am not at office now, sorry.
Please confirm it again.

Best Regards

Nolan
Loyd_Washing

Post by Loyd_Washing »

Nolan,
Thank you for responding so soon. I will get the pictures that you requested later today… The autofocus works now that I have made the correct sensitivity adjustments to the proximity sensor. I have tested it by stepping the stage Z-axis up until the indicator LED illuminates, then activating the autofocus. The stage jogs up and down a small amount (approximately 2 to 3 mm) then goes to the pre-adjusted offset distance from the material.
Regarding the red dot laser. Yes it is burned out, I removed the unit from it’s mounting bracket and opened up the housing. There is an unmistakable “burnt IC” smell.
I do not know if I had told this to you but my previous occupation was a electromechanical equipment technician in the semiconductor fabrication industry (Intel and Micron Technology were my last two employers). I am very adept at trouble shooting these types of problems. I would be very grateful if you could send the replacement red spot laser with the fastest delivery.

Richard Truelove
Thunder laser - Tom

Post by Thunder laser - Tom »

Hi Richard
This is Tech person Tom from thunder laser
Let me answer your questions and try my best to help you to solve your laser problem

1. for the red dot pointer
As your previous email, i know your red dot pointer now is damaged. sorry for it if it brings any troubles to you
I will send you a new red dot pointer by DHL soon
At the same time, please help me to check if the problem was caused by the combiner lens to reflects that laser beam to red dot pinter
How to check it, please see that the attached picture 1 and then follow it to shoot a laser beam to see if there is the same

2. for the front right and back left feet
Could you please tried to adjust it by yourself, it looks has a little bent, it should damaged during shipping
If you can't fix it back, i will send two feets to you for replacement,
But now we replaced that the feets model to other, it is different with this one.
So if we need to replace it and we can only replace that four feets

3. Good to hear that your auto focus is working again
This kind of auto focus is very sensitivity, and also it will be changed for different material with a little distance
For example, detect the acrylic, its focus distance is 5mm, but for wood, it will may changed to 5.5/6mm
But you can change that value on the software by yourself, see that the attached picture 2
For the auto focus, i recommend that you should use your finger to check if it works fine before use the auto focus
You know, the auto focus is not so stable currently, we want to look for a better one but nothing.

Looking forward to hear from you

Best Regards

Tom
tech1.jpg
tech1.jpg (84.99 KiB) Viewed 3388 times
tech2.jpg
tech2.jpg (113.85 KiB) Viewed 3388 times