I have three quick questions for you

We provide online after sales support here, very quick reply.

Moderators: baker, Thunder laser - Tom, Thunder Laser -Nolan

Forum rules
All members should make themselves familiar with the forum rules. Please ensure you read this section of the forum BEFORE posting.
This sub-forum is only for thunderlaser users ask for tech support from thunderlaser tech persons directly. The normal member should raise your questions in the General Discussion sub-forum. Before ask a new question, please read the "Previously Asked Questions"first to save your time.
Caro Brandes

I have three quick questions for you

Post by Caro Brandes »

Nolan,

I have my machine all set up (water chiller working and on with a high pressure air compressor hooked up and blowing) and turned it on. I have moved the laser head manually with the control panel and have hit "Pulse" on the panel and the laser does fire... I made a dot!!!

I have three quick questions for you....

1) I have the exhaust fan plugged into the proper power port on the back on the machine but when is it supposed to turn on?? Only when running a job or all the time? It is not on and I didn't know if I should be troubleshooting or it is normal to only run when cutting/engraving a job.

2) On your parameter sheet I downloaded from your website it says "scan gap" on the last column for engraving. Why is that different than the focus length for the lens? For example the HR head has a focal length of 3 - 4 mm... but the "scan gap" says .08. Please help to clarify this setting.

3) And the last (and probably easiest) question is what is a good air pressure to set the blower to? Is there an upper limit??

Thank you,

Caro
Thunder Laser -Nolan

Re: I have three quick questions for you

Post by Thunder Laser -Nolan »

Hi Caro,
1. exhaust fan plug into machine, they will start to work at the same time. when the machine stop working, exhaust fan will stop after 5 seconds.
our machine has a smart board(TL-Timer), you can set/change delay time. its purpose is to save electricity.
about how to set/change delay time on TL-Timer, please follow the process:
1: interface1, connect with warning light, delay time is set to 1 second(Factory default settings, the user can be set if required)
2: interface2, connect with air pump, delay time is set to 5 second(Factory default settings, the user can be set if required)
3: interface3, connect with exhaust fan, delay time is set to 5 second(Factory default settings, the user can be set if required)
5: LED lights display, you can see the delay time of every interface
6: select interface1~4,
7: "Reduce" the delay time button
8: " Increase" the delay time button

2. we use RDC6442G and RDWorksV8 software now, it is a little different with our previous machine. Please check the picture,
interval=scan gap, their function is the same.
I have told you before, HR head is good for engraving, because its dot is small, the distance between dots is very small, too.
usually, the interval is smaller, the engraving effect is better.

For example, standard head minimum interval is 0.08, the effect is the same even you set interval=0.6 or smaller.
of course, different materials also can effect the interval, so the data is only for your reference.

3. about the last question, you should use strong air pressure when cutting wood, but low air pressure when you cutting acrylic.
I will ask our tech engineer ask it again.

Best Regards

Nolan
Thunder laser - Tom

Re: I have three quick questions for you

Post by Thunder laser - Tom »

Hi Caro
This is Tom from thunder laser
Let me make that your questions are clear
For your question 2 and 3
1. HR head is good for engraving, because its dot is smaller than standard laser head
so it will can get a higher DPI output for a engraving result
2. The "scan gap" is the same with the interval, because our software is difference, so they nameed that function are also different
3. the interval is mean that the distance of y-axis does movement, it likes that the distance of dots/pixels of y-axis.
So when you set a lower interval for a job, it will takes more time and get a higher DPI output
Usually HR head can laser a smaller dot so that you can set a lower interval for it. for example 0.04 even 0.02
But standard head is set to 0.06 or 0.08 because its dot is larger than HR head, so it can only outputs a lower DPI.
Please see that the attached picture and you will know what's the DPI output and what's the interval

For the air compressor question
Please just set a highest air amount to blow while the laser cuts wood
It will stopped while it reaches the highest air pressure.
Please let it stopped work after the big air compressor is used for a long time, rest a half of 1 hour after 4 hour works

Best Regards

Tom