Software problems

We provide online after sales support here, very quick reply.

Moderators: baker, Thunder laser - Tom, Thunder Laser -Nolan

Forum rules
All members should make themselves familiar with the forum rules. Please ensure you read this section of the forum BEFORE posting.
This sub-forum is only for thunderlaser users ask for tech support from thunderlaser tech persons directly. The normal member should raise your questions in the General Discussion sub-forum. Before ask a new question, please read the "Previously Asked Questions"first to save your time.
Rob_Bottum

Software problems

Post by Rob_Bottum »

Speaking of the Mini-60, there has been something that has come up in the last couple of days. When the process is complete and the laser head is returning to its origin we get an error that it cannot travel past its extents. The error is cleared by pressing “stop” then pressing “esc”. The laser head does not move but it does allow us to load another run which ends with the same error. I have reset the machine but that does not resolve the error.

Rob
Thunder laser - Tom

Re: Software problems

Post by Thunder laser - Tom »

You mean that the laser head returns to its origin but not the real origin position
It exceeds a little distance out of its extents, right?
If you can tell me more details, it will be help for me, thanks

Best Regards
Tom
Rob_Bottum

Post by Rob_Bottum »

The origin and the “Real” origin are the same. I have set the origin to 0,0. The laser head returns to 0,0 but gives me the error. If I move the origin to 10,0 then the error does not occur. However, doing this causes another error, as my sheet size is 599mm in the x axis, I get an over travel error. I will try to get some video of this today and send it to you. I can tell you this much, the problem started after I tried moving the laser head manually to the right while loading a large file at the same time. The motors jogged erratically. I immediately stopped the laser head and waited for the file to load. Could this have changed something with the stepper counting? I have reset the machine several times hoping that it would reset all of the counters but the problem has not resolved
Rob
Thunder laser - Tom

Could you please tell me what the error it shows?
I think that the laser head may touches the limit switch after it returns the origin position
Then the control panel shows you this error

Do you can move the origin to 1.0 position and try it again?
May be it will be help
If it doing nothing, we need to check the setting parameter, ok?

Best Regards
Tom
Rob_Bottum

Post by Rob_Bottum »

Tom,
I received your email with the instructions for the Mini-60 problem, thank you. Here is the one problem with that solution, I have been running like this for the last 9 months without error. 9 months ago I went from a 304mmx304mm to 399mmX599mm and I only started encountering this problem about 2 weeks ago. As I have mentioned before I can get that error to stop by moving the origin 10mm to the right.
Thunder laser - Tom

Hi Rob
Thank you for your patience that told me the details
For MINI-60 problem
1. Ok, i understand what you want to talking about
Could you plese try to realign that the pluse of x-axis to correct, i guess that now it should be a little changed
How to realign it, please refer to the instructions of our website.
http://www.thunderlaser.com/troubleshoo ... -want.html
The password is TL200
Best Regards
Tom