what is the resolution of the servo motor positioning?----20151117

We provide online after sales support here, very quick reply.

Moderators: baker, Thunder laser - Tom, Thunder Laser -Nolan

Forum rules
All members should make themselves familiar with the forum rules. Please ensure you read this section of the forum BEFORE posting.
This sub-forum is only for thunderlaser users ask for tech support from thunderlaser tech persons directly. The normal member should raise your questions in the General Discussion sub-forum. Before ask a new question, please read the "Previously Asked Questions"first to save your time.
Matthew

Re: what is the resolution of the servo motor positioning?----20151117

Post by Matthew »

You said the machine will move:

1) The specified distance

PLUS

2) the laser line width.

That part is clear, but that isn't my question. My question is how does the machine know the laser line width? How does the machine know if I have HR lens or normal lens? These lenses should have dramatically different line widths, right?

PS. Yes, I understand the material line widths are all different and can depend on focus, etc. That is why I'm so confused as to why the machine always assumes a 0.1mm laser line width.
Thunder laser - Tom

Re: what is the resolution of the servo motor positioning?----20151117

Post by Thunder laser - Tom »

Ok, let me make it clear
No the laser will move
let us to talking about your 5x5mm square
1. why it only gets 26 lines but not 50, because 5m= 2.5mm(the interval) + 2.5mm(26 lines), you should know that's why now, right?
but the line width are different on the material if you use different materials
2. the laser does not know the line width, the standard lens shoots a 0.1mm dot size after we said, this is a laser beam dot size that is not appear on the material after into the material. they are difference, one is just a laser beam before laser into the material, the other one is already into the material.
So we will gets a different line width if the material is difference even if the lens is the same.
so usually the line width (on the material) is not 0.1mm, it will bigger than 0.1 this is i can only said
Also usually the HR lens can gives you a smaller line width than normal lens, they are made different lien widths, right.
I do not know how much width of the line after the laser shoots a laser beam on different materials, for every materials

Have a good night