Variable Power?

We provide online after sales support here, very quick reply.

Moderators: baker, Thunder laser - Tom, Thunder Laser -Nolan

Forum rules
All members should make themselves familiar with the forum rules. Please ensure you read this section of the forum BEFORE posting.
This sub-forum is only for thunderlaser users ask for tech support from thunderlaser tech persons directly. The normal member should raise your questions in the General Discussion sub-forum. Before ask a new question, please read the "Previously Asked Questions"first to save your time.
Chris

Variable Power?

Post by Chris »

I have a quick question about laser power. All of my work so far has been on cups with a single layer scan with a single power setting. Will the laser vary power on a BMP layer based on shades of grey or is it an on /off thing where I have to create another layer with a different power setting. I was wanting to start doing photo graphs.
Thunder laser - Tom

Re: Variable Power?

Post by Thunder laser - Tom »

Hi Chris
No need to create another layer with a different power setting, of course, your file is a BMP file,
You would not create another layer for it
If your BMP layer based on shades of grey, please set that min power to 15% and the max power to 30% even higher,
Let both power settings are difference, max power usually higher than min power 15% power setting.
Before you start doing photo graphs, please transfer the image to the whole dots image using BMP function on the RDworks interface.
See that below attached picture to know how to set that bmp image before engraving
Please choose a high resolution image to set.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Tom, What is the best settings to use when doing a photo? What DPI is best for the BMP 300 DPI or higher? What about speed?
Thunder laser - Tom

Post by Thunder laser - Tom »

Hi Chris
If your BMP image is a grayscale image?
If yeah, please select that output direct option in layer for engraving 2.5D grayscale image
I don't know what engraving result are you want? the engraving area is shallow or deep? do you need 2.5D engraving result?
If your BMP is 300 DPI, please set that the interval to 0.08 or 0.06
If your BMP image is not a grayscale image, please use bmp function to set it to a dot image as the picture shown i sent to you
what's the size of your image? the speed is based on the engraving size