Starting Location

We provide online after sales support here, very quick reply.

Moderators: baker, Thunder laser - Tom, Thunder Laser -Nolan

Forum rules
All members should make themselves familiar with the forum rules. Please ensure you read this section of the forum BEFORE posting.
This sub-forum is only for thunderlaser users ask for tech support from thunderlaser tech persons directly. The normal member should raise your questions in the General Discussion sub-forum. Before ask a new question, please read the "Previously Asked Questions"first to save your time.
Matthew

Starting Location

Post by Matthew »

Hi, I have a problem that has just started and I cannot figure out. No matter what I do, a cut that is shown will only occur at the absolute location. So, if I have a rectangle in RDWorks that goes from 300,300 to 330, 330, then when I press the "Start" button, the laser always goes to 300,300 to start cutting.

I have Position set to "current position", but the same problem occurs regardless of that setting (absolute, anchor, machine zero) all perform the same.

If I move laser to, say, 200, 200 with the setting at Current Position, then when I press Start I expect a 30,30 rectangle starting at 200,200. But right now, it always goes back to 300,300 to start. Always.

Please suggest what I can try next. I've tried resetting everything, turning everything off and restarting, etc, with no change.

Thanks
Ben

Re: Starting Location

Post by Ben »

Hi Matthew
please download the newest version of the RDworks from our website.
and delet the old one before you replace it.try to see if your machine can get back to work.
Matthew

Re: Starting Location

Post by Matthew »

I downloaded the version on the website, deleted the old version and installed the new version. But both versions were the same, so I effectively just re-installed the current version. The problem is fixed.

But I don't understand why a re-install was needed to fix this problem. Do you understand why this solved the problem?