80 watt tube struggling with 5mm Birch Ply

General knowledge about laser here.

Moderator: baker

tomgreen

80 watt tube struggling with 5mm Birch Ply

Post by tomgreen »

Hi,

I'm looking to get a general consensus on machine settings for cutting 5mm birch ply in order to find out if mine is running correctly. I currently have an 80 watt tube with a 2.5" inch "cutting" lens. In order to get guaranteed cuts I'm having to run the machine at 12mms and at 80% power. This is the maximum power I can use this tube at as it maxes out at 28mA. I have seen others claim they can cut up to 10mm thick material with an 80 watt tube but I can't see how that would be possible when I'm struggling to get through 5mm!

Do these settings seem right? Any input welcomed :)
james3760

Re: 80 watt tube struggling with 5mm Birch Ply

Post by james3760 »

2.5" lens means you have less intensity on the material, than you could have for example with a 1.5" lens. It sounds okay at 12mm ps at 80% power. You could slow it down, make sure you're focused properly, and you could get get a better lens. Also make sure your mirrors are clean if you've had the laser for a while, dirty lenses mean less intensity on the material.
minidentalimplants

Post by minidentalimplants »

Thank you so much for providing such a nice article. Really great work done.

Mini dental Implants Albany CA I Affordable Mini Dental Implants Berkeley CA
rossnelson

Post by rossnelson »

Thank you, for sharing this content piece.

Take the help of the SEO experts to get the top with a position with the help for white hat SEO. They will use all their knowledge and latest Google algorithm to showcase your website in top SERP.

-------------
Regards
Ross Nelson
Company For SEO