Silouettes, not engravings

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Unk

Silouettes, not engravings

Post by Unk »

Hi.. I am baffled. my laser continues to burn, between the black pixels of the drawing, so that I end up with a silouette of my drawing, instead of the drawing. even when the software is not sending gcode to the cnc laser, the parked spot continues to burn, even though the laser is not at 'power' strength.
I am assuming I have a 'novice user' error, where the problem is between the keyboard, Mouse and the chair :D could someone please advise me what to check?.. I am using a 3mm hardwood ply as a test, so the grain is quite close. the laser is a 2000mw blue generic chinese. the images have been simple bmp and jpg.
uneedflowers

Re: Silouettes, not engravings

Post by uneedflowers »

Hello all forum members, I have just joined this forum for the first time and I am really happy to be a part of this great community.

Long lasting roses in glass I Roses that last a year
Unk

Re: Silouettes, not engravings

Post by Unk »

Hi All.. problem solved. the firmware was corrupt. the vendor of the machine sent me links for new firmware, but by then, I had already downloaded the 'free to try' T2 Laser which had one-click firmware upgrade and so having nothing to lose, I did it, to find it resolved the problem... which then uncovered another problem, but as I had then bought a licences for the T2laser software (which, by the way is MUCH MUCH faster than benbox) I sent to them for help.. I was getting 'ghosting' on the images I was burning.. turned out to be a slack belt..am thoroughly delighted with my CNC.. have yet to cut anything with it, but my new software even has settings for that!

unfortunately, I have discovered a hole in my desk.. where the laser burnt right through the 3mm plywood when it was still when the firmware was busted.. methinks I shall put a sacrificial bit of thick ply under the CNC, which will also allow me to 'pin' a frame, so I can replace 'blanks' for printing, exactly where the last one was, so i don't have to worry about rechecking home position every time.