Wobbly and not aligned engravings

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Philscraftcorner

Wobbly and not aligned engravings

Post by Philscraftcorner »

Hi there. I'm new to. Laser engraving and purchased a cheap 500mw unbranded laser from ebay. I know the laser is pretty poor and I have managed to focus it well and get it burning really good be it really slowly.

My issue is that after a couple of minutes of running almost perfectly it starts to. Skip lines or the lines go wobbly and don't line up. I have tried the default benbox software, eleksmaker Pro software, T2 laser and lightburn. Lightburn has given the best results for me so far

From what I can tell the issue comes with the fact that I only have one stepper motor supplied for the y-axis. And a rod that locks into both sides to make the other side of the y-axis move. (See picture)
Top down view
Top down view
20181209_200817.jpg (60.08 KiB) Viewed 587 times
This has likely been asked before but I couldn't see anything. I have spent atleast 5 days messing with this thing and these are the best results I can get (see attached).
I appreciate any help or info provided
Best results so far
Best results so far
20181209_200654.jpg (67.01 KiB) Viewed 587 times
This started frok the top down. The laser seemed to focus more and the lines went wobbly
This started frok the top down. The laser seemed to focus more and the lines went wobbly
20181209_200731.jpg (61.9 KiB) Viewed 587 times