Identifying the problem K40

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Nicola

Identifying the problem K40

Post by Nicola »

Hello
I'm new and I'm hoping for some guidance from all those experienced bods out there.
I have a new K40, I have had it for a little while and been through all the processes I have found on line to set up well. I have my mirrors aligned, my air assist installed, by fan duct cut back and my bed exchanged for a mesh.
I have corel draw and the communication is fine but even at very slow speeds on full power the laser cannot cut through medium thick cardboard.
I used and old amazon envelope to illustrate this to the seller which I have posed on youtube.
Because is was for the seller, I put back the original bed and removed the air assist, but even with the air assist it makes little difference.
Is this the power supply, the laser (visibly in perfect condition) or is there something else I am missing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ4uFd8BDZA
Any thoughts hugely appreciated.
Many thanks :)
LINUS
Webmaster

Re: Identifying the problem K40

Post by LINUS »

I Think this tips can help you viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8918
This problem should be caused by twice reasons
1. A laser beam to the working table of all position are not vertical.
2. the focal distance is not adjusted good for cut stuff.
Because of major,be at ease so.
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

Great, thanks
I'll take a look :)
Nicola

Post by Nicola »

Hello again
I have just had a quick look and the thing that strikes me is that I have reasonably even engraving throughout the bed although I have read that the laser needs to be hitting the centre of the mirror as shown in this thread.
I have printed a laser holder but I have not fitted it as I have been advised that even if my laser isn't perfectly central, but aligned, I should be able to get a more power than I do.
I have altered the height of the bed and tried different heights as well as cleaning the mirror and the lens and checking the lens is in the right way up!

The example of this thread shows that the laser is able to cut through the ply, whereas mine cannot make it through 0.5mm cardboard! I'm not sure this is the same but I will certainly try some of the tests...
LINUS
Webmaster

Post by LINUS »

The focal is right?You can burst laser in paper check dot.The smallest "dot" is best focal length.
If you check the machine no problem.
I suggest you trying cutting speed slower or use high pressure air compressor .As the blowing air is of high pressure, it can take away the fog during cutting to reduce the darkening of the cutting edge.
Because of high degree of hardness,
Because of major,be at ease so.