3D engrave

We provide online after sales support here, very quick reply.

Moderators: baker, Thunder laser - Tom, Thunder Laser -Nolan

Forum rules
All members should make themselves familiar with the forum rules. Please ensure you read this section of the forum BEFORE posting.
This sub-forum is only for thunderlaser users ask for tech support from thunderlaser tech persons directly. The normal member should raise your questions in the General Discussion sub-forum. Before ask a new question, please read the "Previously Asked Questions"first to save your time.
Jasper_Rullman

3D engrave

Post by Jasper_Rullman »

I am attempting to use my rotary table, first attempt my image was reversed, is this normal and I have to reverse image before engrave, or do I have a setting incorrect?
Thunder Laser -Nolan

Re: 3D engrave

Post by Thunder Laser -Nolan »

please find attached 3D engrave file and Eiffel Tower file which we just post on facebook, and you can import to your software directly,and try to do 3D engrave,thanks a lot.
Jasper_Rullman

Post by Jasper_Rullman »

I will have to get an image, but everything worked fine. Rotated image 90 degrees to orientate to object, size was good to the diameter, etc. But the image was reversed like in a mirror
Thunder Laser -Nolan

Hi!
Good day,can you send some photo for your image?
And please find attached manual in Page57 for how to install the rotary axis,thanks.
Jasper_Rullman

Post by Jasper_Rullman »

Is that reverse or just rotate?
Thunder Laser -Nolan

Hi Jamie
This is Nolan from Thunder laser.
for your problem,you have to reverse image before engrave.
446.jpg
446.jpg (17.5 KiB) Viewed 6304 times
Jasper_Rullman

Post by Jasper_Rullman »

That is what I had told Yumiko, I rotated the image the 90 degrees to align with Y axis, but the image was reversed as in a mirror. There is no information in the manual saying that the image needs to be mirrored to do rotary etching or cutting. Not a problem if I have to do that but want to make sure my settings are correct and don't want to be wasting materials and time with mistakes.
Thunder Laser -Nolan

just rotate,can it work for you engraving?
Jasper_Rullman

Post by Jasper_Rullman »

My settings are as you show in the image. Just to be clear though, I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO MIRROR my image when I use the rotary table? I should only have to rotate the image 90 degree to align with the Y axis?
Thunder Laser -Nolan

Hi!
if you have modified the Axis Mirror in the system setting like below picture that show you the normal setting.
mirror.jpg
mirror.jpg (88.63 KiB) Viewed 6130 times