Looking for cheap introductory Laser/engraver

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Aiishanom

Looking for cheap introductory Laser/engraver

Post by Aiishanom »

Hello. I am a avid car modeler, resin caster and train enthusiast. I also enjoy woodworking. My wife is into dollhouses and I am like wise into scale dioramas. I recently became unemployed like millions of others across our nation. I am thinking about becomeing self employed and looking at the possabilities of a table top laser cutter. My idea is to be able to cut out both balsa wood projects for doll houses as well as plastic (styrene) projects like diorama building kits, as well as smaller diorama objects like say coolers. Also interested in making train building kits. On a side note, also interested in engraving items as well. I am wanting to find a machine that can cut and engrave, nothing too think, 1/8" thick styrene at most for cutting. I am interested in a table top style machine and have a budget of under $3,000. What would you guys recomend for a good starting machine? Thank you
Triumphlaser Support

Re: Looking for cheap introductory Laser/engraver

Post by Triumphlaser Support »

Hello sir

Hope you have a great start .
We recommand you our TR-960 laser cutter and engraver , please contact us for the brochure and price list , it's in your burget .
support@triumphlaser.com

Have a nice day sir!

Warm regards
David
Triumphlaser Support

Post by Triumphlaser Support »

Here attached the photo of the machine
Attachments
TR-960.jpg
TR-960.jpg (123.2 KiB) Viewed 4244 times
Aiishanom

Post by Aiishanom »

Can you send me a sample with an estimate ASAP?
aishakichuk@gmail.com
fitevalayexia

Post by fitevalayexia »

i would say 60W laser is a good choice but it will be more than $3000 if taking shipping cost and custom cost into consideration. chinese HX3040 40W desktop laser will be ok to get your job done. i guess thats the only model which might meet your budget requirement. 3040 model's working table size is 12" X 16".
Lazerman

Post by Lazerman »

If your looking to use a laser for business and make money with it, a $3000 laser will be more trouble then its worth.