Engraving quality problem on X-Axis

We provide online after sales support here, very quick reply.

Moderators: baker, Thunder laser - Tom, Thunder Laser -Nolan

Forum rules
All members should make themselves familiar with the forum rules. Please ensure you read this section of the forum BEFORE posting.
This sub-forum is only for thunderlaser users ask for tech support from thunderlaser tech persons directly. The normal member should raise your questions in the General Discussion sub-forum. Before ask a new question, please read the "Previously Asked Questions"first to save your time.
StefanV

Engraving quality problem on X-Axis

Post by StefanV »

Hello

i Own a mars 90 system with a 100 watt tube
The problem im having is when engraving on X-axis the quality is very low and the engraving damages easily
But when engraving on Y-axis the engraving is very good quality

For engraving the 4mm birch plywood we use the following settings: Scan mode, 500 mm/s speed, 40 power and interval 0,08mm
X-swing gives quality problems and burned results, Y-swing gives good results, so i know its not a powersupply or lasertube problem, also not the beampath. Lenses and mirrors are clean.

And it does not matter if i turn the wood 90 degrees. also not the problem of the wood quality because Y-swing gives good results.

We used to have good quality on X-swing when we first got the machine but now since a few months its not good anymore
So anybody got an idea what is wrong? Y-swing makes a lot of noise and takes a lot longer to complet on most projects so we would like to use X-swing again. i added 2 pictures to show the problem
Attachments
IMG_5255.jpg
IMG_5255.jpg (265.44 KiB) Viewed 4443 times
IMG_5253.jpg
IMG_5253.jpg (211.86 KiB) Viewed 4443 times
Ben

Re: Engraving quality problem on X-Axis

Post by Ben »

Hi Stefan,

Since the Y axis direction have two rails,it can be more fixed while engraving with Y-swing.
I'd like to know how is the result of X-unilaterism,thanks.
StefanV

Post by StefanV »

With X-unilaterism results are good.
But they always used to be good on X-swing so thats what i want to fix!
StefanV

Post by StefanV »

Here is a Pic, could you please reply a little sooner, i want to fix this!!!!
Attachments
IMG_5293.jpg
IMG_5293.jpg (277.55 KiB) Viewed 4306 times
Ben

Post by Ben »

Hi Stefan,

Sorry for my late reply.
I have tested in our NOVA35-80watt machine.
It will happen when the power is much higher or the interval is much bigger.
For X-unilateralism,500mm/s,25 power and interval 0.08 can engrave good on plywood.
If you have more power,the wood will produce more wood chips.
For X-swing,500mm/s,15 power and interval 0.06 can engrave good on plywood.
For Y axis direction,it's also the same,too much power will get burnt wood chips on surface.
By the way,a little air assist should be opened or the focus lens will easy to be dirty by the smoke.
As you have 100watt laser tube,you should no need to set much more power to engrave.
StefanV

Post by StefanV »

BEN

As we discussed before, this is not true
i get good results with 500 speed, 40 power and interval 0,08 of Y swing without woodchips
And when we first got the laser for the first 3 to 4 months we also never had the problem on X-swing with these settings
So the laser should be able to produce good results because it did it before, so there is something wrong at the moment but i do not know what!