Nova 63 problem controller+motor

We provide online after sales support here, very quick reply.

Moderators: baker, Thunder laser - Tom, Thunder Laser -Nolan

Forum rules
All members should make themselves familiar with the forum rules. Please ensure you read this section of the forum BEFORE posting.
This sub-forum is only for thunderlaser users ask for tech support from thunderlaser tech persons directly. The normal member should raise your questions in the General Discussion sub-forum. Before ask a new question, please read the "Previously Asked Questions"first to save your time.
tumim

Nova 63 problem controller+motor

Post by tumim »

Hello,

I have Nova 63 First class and today my machine stop working.
I have zero point in top left position.

The procedure of the problem is as follows:
1. I have clicked to "Frame" in order to view the frame of the cut
2. I have opened the top cover in order to correct the plywood sheet
3. I have closed the top cover, the head was still.
4. I have clicked again to the "Frame" button - and then the head NOT continue the frame - but start frame from that point as if it was ZERO point
5. After that, the head move right to the right limit with little cnock and move up and then stop.

After that problem, I have reset the machine, but reset lasting a two times longer and during the reset the head NOT moving to Zero point at all and not moving at all.
After the reset, when clicking on arrows that moving the head - the head not moving, and when trying to move the table up and down - tha table also not moving.
When manually move the head to the center of the table and turn off/turn on the machine - the same result. The head and table NOT moving at all.
From RDWorks the test port(LAN) passed OK.

Please fix or advice.

WIth Regards,
Maxim
tumim

Re: Nova 63 problem controller+motor

Post by tumim »

Localize the problem with nor working input 220v line that came to 36v power supply, that line going not only to 36v power suppply, so need the whole line test. The 220v bridge from 24v to 36v power supply shows, that 36v power supply is working fine.
Now waiting for manual instruction for main patch panel in order to plug/unplug the wires correctly.
Ben

Re: Nova 63 problem controller+motor

Post by Ben »

Hi Maxim,
To tell you more details about the difference of Class 1 machine.
Class 1 laser machine will perform as following:
1.Generally the laser be placed into AUTO mode.
1.png
1.png (135.36 KiB) Viewed 8282 times
Then a closed safety system is integrated which immediately switches off the power to the laser tube and all axis drivers(the head and table) when the protection cover is opened.
2.png
2.png (350.05 KiB) Viewed 8282 times
2.Key-operated switch be turned to MANUAL mode.
The MANUAL mode is the maintenance mode.
At that mode, only the power of the all axis drivers be turned off when the protection cover is opened, then you can calibrate the laser path by pressing “pulse” button and moving head manually.
If you want to move the head and table by the LCD control panel, press and hold the black button as below.
3.png
3.png (95.52 KiB) Viewed 8282 times
3.EMERGENCY STOP
When press the emergency stop, the power of the laser tube and all axis drivers will be off immediately whether the protection cover is closed or not.
4.png
4.png (385.86 KiB) Viewed 8282 times