80 watt tube struggling with 5mm Birch Ply

General knowledge about laser here.

Moderator: baker

tomgreen

80 watt tube struggling with 5mm Birch Ply

Post by tomgreen »

Hi,

I'm looking to get a general consensus on machine settings for cutting 5mm birch ply in order to find out if mine is running correctly. I currently have an 80 watt tube with a 2.5" inch "cutting" lens. In order to get guaranteed cuts I'm having to run the machine at 12mms and at 80% power. This is the maximum power I can use this tube at as it maxes out at 28mA. I have seen others claim they can cut up to 10mm thick material with an 80 watt tube but I can't see how that would be possible when I'm struggling to get through 5mm!

Do these settings seem right? Any input welcomed :)
james3760

Re: 80 watt tube struggling with 5mm Birch Ply

Post by james3760 »

2.5" lens means you have less intensity on the material, than you could have for example with a 1.5" lens. It sounds okay at 12mm ps at 80% power. You could slow it down, make sure you're focused properly, and you could get get a better lens. Also make sure your mirrors are clean if you've had the laser for a while, dirty lenses mean less intensity on the material.
minidentalimplants

Post by minidentalimplants »

Thank you so much for providing such a nice article. Really great work done.

Mini dental Implants Albany CA I Affordable Mini Dental Implants Berkeley CA
rossnelson

Post by rossnelson »

Thank you, for sharing this content piece.

Take the help of the SEO experts to get the top with a position with the help for white hat SEO. They will use all their knowledge and latest Google algorithm to showcase your website in top SERP.

-------------
Regards
Ross Nelson
Company For SEO
justin_h

Post by justin_h »

tomgreen wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:34 pm Hi,

I'm looking to get a general consensus on machine settings for cutting 5mm birch ply in order to find out if mine is running correctly. I currently have an 80 watt tube with a 2.5" inch "cutting" lens. In order to get guaranteed cuts I'm having to run the machine at 12mms and at 80% power. This is the maximum power I can use this tube at as it maxes out at 28mA. I have seen others claim they can cut up to 10mm thick material with an 80 watt tube but I can't see how that would be possible when I'm struggling to get through 5mm!

Do these settings seem right? Any input welcomed :)
For reliable and efficient cutting of 5mm birch ply, you might want to consider the Monport laser. With its high quality and ease of use, it could provide the solution you need. Check out their laser products at [https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm] to see if they meet your requirements.