New beginner here with new Chinese laser cutter

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

carl7777777

New beginner here with new Chinese laser cutter

Post by carl7777777 »

Hi all,

Here is my first post on the forums which no doubt i'll be spending alot of time on to further my knowledge of laser cutters.

I have recently purchased my first laser cutter; it's a 50W chinese cutter which I recently bought off eBay. Here is the link:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Precise ... 2749.l2648

The build quality looks fairly good, however I did enhance the grounding throughout the chassis to be safe. I have connected everything up and everything functions correctly.

I can test fire the laser tube using the 'test' button on the PSU (with the I/O terminals removed). I can also pulse the laser tube via the 'pulse' button with everything connected. The water pump (WP) inputs are healthy aswell.

However, when trying to cut my design there seems to be an issue; the laser head will move but the laser tube won't be firing. Sometimes the laser tube will fire at the start of the laser head movement but then nothing.

I'm guessing there is an issue with the controller (TL-410C) or the software (AutoLaser). My guess with the controller would be the pulse width modulation (PWM) not working correctly. I believe the controller is a TopWisdome - however I may be wrong!

I have looked through the cabling and it seems to be okay and i'm now out of ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am receiving some support tomorrow morning from my supplier but any inputs or things to look out for would be great!

Cheers,
Carl.