INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

TzarIvan

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by TzarIvan »

Hi, just set up a 100w CO2 laser cutter and looking forward to meeting some folks and learning more. It's a Chinese blue and white machine with a 100w RECI tube and a Ruida controller. Appreciate any tips tricks or good starting projects!
rummel66

Post by rummel66 »

My name is Jon. Have an 80W CO2 "China Laser" for almost a year. LOVE IT! Need some advice on a recent challenge though. Had to unistall and reinstall the software recently. The first file I tried to run/burn after the reinstall did not position on the cutting bed the same as on my monitor screen. Built the file close to the middle of the "grid" and when I downloaded the file, it positioned itself to the far left on the cutting bed and I got an X-slop error message. I researched the message and says I am too close to the edge for the head to slow properly.

I also notice that the green block the I had locked in the lower left corner of the screen now automatically attaches to the corner of my image file.

Did I miss something in my reinstall? How do I get my images at the cutter to match my screen position?
carlalvey

Complete newbie

Post by carlalvey »

Hi all, im a complete newbie in laser engraving.
So much so that i havnt even got a laser yet.
My wife sells gifts and has been saying how much better it would be if she could personalise them, so its up to me to learn all about it and get a machine.
Iv done abit of research and there doesnt seem to be an easy way of sourcing a machine for our budget, which to start with was £500 but we can stretch to £1000.
Ideally we would want to cut a max of 600 x 400 and would be mainly for cutting and engraving acrylic, leather,and wood.
I quite like the look of a company called voiern and they do one the right size for about £800,but not sure about china,incase i get stuck when needing spares or help so ideally would be good to source one from england.
So for now ill srart my learning but if anyone fancies giving their advice it would be much appreciated.

cheers

carl
BryanS

Post by BryanS »

Hey all,

I'm Bryan,

I use laser engraving primarily for acrylic lamps and other small gift items. I've been engraving for about a year with a K40, and have upgraded to a 60 watt Chinese laser. Love the hobby and all the help the forum has been for my progress so far. :D
joskam

Post by joskam »

Hi
I am Josef. I am a novice to laser cutting / engraving.
I am planning to buy a laser for a specific application, for which I hope to get some advice.
Kind regards to all
Josef
Travis_Carter

Post by Travis_Carter »

Hello, I am Travis Carter. I'm a sailor in the U.S. Navy. I've been engraving for about a year now, started with a 2500mw Bachin laser I got off Amazon. Recently upgraded to an Ortur 20W LM2. Here to get insight on how to make the most of my engraving.
IrishSteve

Post by IrishSteve »

Hi all, I’m Steve originally from Ireland but now living in the UK
I’ve just became an owner of my first laser, I’ve had my Laser Master 1 for a few days now. Just been getting used to Lightburn and Lasergrbl, bit of a learning curve.
I also 3D print which will come in useful when I come to upgrade with air assist and hopefully an adjustable a rail.
I also hydrodip so I might try and incorporate my laser into my finished products at some point.
Look forward to learning a lot from the forum and hopefully getting to know some of you.
khlaserworks

Post by khlaserworks »

Hi There

Ken...living in Australia, originally from US
had my Bodor BCL0605MU 90w for a few years now...and works great.
Lightburn works just fine for me as well.
Mainly do small projects and labels for electricians and Audio Visual Industry.
TonyC

Post by TonyC »

Hi all,

Tony here, living in Ireland.

I am just trying to upgrade my HPC laser to a Ruida control, looking at the forum there looks like
a tremendous amount of help and information here.

Many thanks Tony
seb56

Post by seb56 »

Hello, my name is Sebastien living in France using a Trotec machine