Help needed K40 Laser cutter

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

TreeSqueak

Help needed K40 Laser cutter

Post by TreeSqueak »

Hello, I have a K40 laser cutter that has worked great using inkscape and K40Whisperer since I got it.

I removed the origional base plate (working surface/ bit I place the 3mm MDF on) and installed a new one that I made with adjustable legs.
I wanted to be able to raise the bottom right hand corner as for some reason that spot needed to be higher.

anyway, Ive just turned it back on and now it isnt working correctly, when it moves on the Y axis t makes a grinding noice and doesnt move as far as it should.

I'm hoping someone can make a suggestion for me.
eeze

Re: Help needed K40 Laser cutter

Post by eeze »

if you uploaded a video of this happening it would help.
hangrex5

Post by hangrex5 »

Yes your are right, recently, laser cutters and laser cutting machines have become increasingly popular for citing metal and metallic products. A lot of industries that are looking for precision cutting and edge perfect designs are turning towards laser cutters for high -quality results. You can contact info@heatsign.com.
jgarciaa

Post by jgarciaa »

It seems your K40 laser cutter is experiencing issues with the Y-axis movement after installing a new base plate with adjustable legs. The grinding noise and limited movement suggest a mechanical problem, possibly due to misalignment or improper tensioning of belts. Check the alignment of the new base plate and lubricate moving parts. Ensure belts are properly tensioned and inspect the Y-axis motor and driver for damage. Additionally, reset software settings if necessary. If problems persist, consider seeking professional assistance for further diagnosis and repair. https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3
AZKICKER1970

Post by AZKICKER1970 »

WHY WOULDN'T YOU JUST SHIM THE WORKPIECE?