Questions about the thunder laser nova 51

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Troy72

Questions about the thunder laser nova 51

Post by Troy72 »

Hi all, I ready to order a laser, the nova51 or 63 . I was planning on a 230 watt laser but I have a friend who has lasers and said that I need to be careful because glass tube laser can only dial down to 18% of watts which would leave to much power for engraving and would be burning the product because it would be too hot. He has had Chinese laser but just got the epilog pro 48. He also saidbyhry won't go to the full power of 130 watts without degrading the tube very quickly. His also does some nice 3d engraving. He has an 80 watts. So looking for some clarification from people who have used the thunder laser and how low and high they run it. I'm new to laser part and have been doing lots of research. Thanks in advance
LINUS
Webmaster

Re: Questions about the thunder laser nova 51

Post by LINUS »

130watt, 100watt & to some extent 80watt have less forgiving settings than a 60watt. What I mean is the more powerful laser require you to be more dialed in than a 60 but it can be done. Once you find the sweet spot for the type of wood you are using your good, but some people get online find someone saying my 130watt engraved at 450mm/s & 16% & if that doesn't work for them then they say you can't engrave with a 130watt.
Check the user how to say https://www.facebook.com/groups/thunder ... 7275819793
Because of major,be at ease so.