Engraving blank coins, but the position kept moving.

You can free download laser cut designs Free Vector Art from this forum.And you can Share your laser files, laser works here.

Moderator: baker

Forum rules
You need to do is register as a user and go directly to the files you want to Download
Dsay0928

Engraving blank coins, but the position kept moving.

Post by Dsay0928 »

I got some cut out blank aluminum coins that I want to engrave. I place the coin on the cutting board, and each time I engrave it, the position is slightly off. Individually, I could not tell if its not perfectly aligned. But by comparing the engraved coins with each other, it becomes obvious they are not the same. Not to mention there is even a back side of the coin.

Is there a laser engravement machine that can first scan the shape of the material, and then automatically laser engrave on it?
Thunder laser - Tom

Re: Engraving blank coins, but the position kept moving.

Post by Thunder laser - Tom »

Yes, there has CCD version. Camera take picture, Information is transmitted to laser machine, so it always knows exactly where we are.
Réna

Re: Engraving blank coins, but the position kept moving.

Post by Réna »

There are laser machines that can do what you want, but in the meantime you can steady the material with something heavy on the edge to get a more accurate cut. I've cut a lot of cardstock packaging and it can be very inaccurate since the laser head moves so quickly it creates an air current and moves the material during cutting.