laser not burning

General knowledge about laser here.

Moderator: baker

Frode

laser not burning

Post by Frode »

Hi, I'm new to this forum and new to laser engraving, so please bare with me :)
I bought an Atomstack A5 about a month ago and everything has been working fine as far as I can tell, but what do I know :D
Today I did some engraving on some beechwood and it worked great. Then I tried to engrave on a mirror but nothing was showing so I thought I had gotten my settings wrong, and yes, I had set it to 10% power instead of 100%, so I adjusted it to 100% and fired it up again, but with the same result.
Well ok, I thought maybe it was not powerfull enough to engrave on mirror, so I switched back to beechwood, and nothing, not even the tinies mark, even at 100% power. Is it possible that I have ruined the laser module by trying to engrave on a mirror?? Or is it just a coincidence?

Edit: I am using LasarGRBL. Everything looks to be working. it moves around as it should, and I can move it using the arrows and home button, It even fires the laser when it is running, but it is not burning. It is like the power is way to weak. I focus it the same way as I allways do.
The only difference I notice is that I can not turn on the laser with the button to align it anymore.

I hope someone can help me because I have a lot of stuff to engrave :(
Thunder laser - Tom

Re: laser not burning

Post by Thunder laser - Tom »

Mirror reflection the laser into the laser head. I think that the laser source wad broken.
If you want to engrave mirror just engrave reverse side
acctek12

Re: laser not burning

Post by acctek12 »

The laser head is a consumable accessory and needs a certain time to be replaced
https://www.acctekgroup.com/laser-machine/
Manufacturer of CNC Router China-CNC Machines|cnc router for woodworking|laser cutting machines|cnc router|laser cutter_acctek. https://www.acctekgroup.com/index.html