Air assist positioning of tube

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

chrisprice

Air assist positioning of tube

Post by chrisprice »

Good morning everyone, newbie here seeking advice
I have an Xtool D1 pro that I have set up in my workshop (I had to sell my bandsaw to make room for it - picture attached).
I am looking to buy an air assist pump but refuse to pay the extortionate price on Xtool for what is an aquarium pump rebranded.
Question 1: Does anyone have any preference for a pump?
Question 2: As you can see from the photo, I have built my enclosure higher to allow for leg extensions. The question is where do I have the tube for the air assist coming in - from the back or from the top or from the side?
I'm worried about the tube dragging on the laser unit.

Thnaks for your help in advance

Chris
Attachments
IMG_2880.jpg
IMG_2880.jpg (81.11 KiB) Viewed 183 times
koala.grzeg

Re: Air assist positioning of tube

Post by koala.grzeg »

Aco aquarium pump
006 or 008
jgarciaa

Re: Air assist positioning of tube

Post by jgarciaa »

Good morning! It sounds like you're making some exciting upgrades to your workshop with the Xtool D1 Pro setup. As you're seeking advice on an air assist pump and the setup of your enclosure, I'd like to suggest considering Monport lasers as an alternative option. Monport lasers are renowned for being very nice, easy to use, high quality, and affordable. You can explore their laser products https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 Regarding your questions, for the air assist pump, many users opt for aquarium pumps or similar alternatives available at a more reasonable price. As for the tube placement in your enclosure, it's advisable to have it enter from the side to avoid any potential dragging on the laser unit. This setup should ensure smooth operation without interference. Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or need assistance!