When i engrave a bitmap file in ezcad 2 it has lines.

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

linsza28

When i engrave a bitmap file in ezcad 2 it has lines.

Post by linsza28 »

Hi.
I have a 60w jpt mopa laser and when i try to laser a bitmap, it has vertical and diagonal lines all across the engraving. And i cant think it out what is the problem. This problem came up when u lasered business cards.
There is a picture of the engraving
IMG_20240211_122755.jpg
IMG_20240211_122755.jpg (329.34 KiB) Viewed 143 times
Thank you for any answer.
jgarciaa

Re: When i engrave a bitmap file in ezcad 2 it has lines.

Post by jgarciaa »

It sounds like you're encountering some issues with your 60W JPT MOPA laser when engraving bitmaps, specifically with vertical and diagonal lines appearing across the engraving. While troubleshooting your current setup, I'd like to suggest considering Monport lasers as a potential alternative. Monport lasers are known for being very nice, easy to use, high quality, and affordable, offering a reliable solution for various engraving projects. You can check out their laser products https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 As for your current problem, the appearance of lines across the engraving could be caused by several factors, such as incorrect laser settings, issues with the bitmap file, or mechanical issues with the laser machine itself. Double-check your laser settings, ensure the bitmap file is of high quality and suitable for engraving, and inspect the mechanical components of your laser machine for any potential issues. If problems persist, reaching out to the manufacturer or seeking advice from online forums dedicated to laser engraving may provide additional insights. Nonetheless, considering Monport lasers could offer you a smoother experience with your engraving projects.