50 watt co2 laser that will not cut through 3mm MDF

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

ottsen

50 watt co2 laser that will not cut through 3mm MDF

Post by ottsen »

Hello.

I have a 50 watt co2 laser that will not cut through 3mm MDF. I have changed the tube and the mirrors are adjusted and I can't see any damage to the mirrors or lens, a nice purple beam of light comes through the laser. Does anyone know what could be wrong.
1. Could it be the power supply?
2. Could it be the mirrors or lens that have a fault that I can't see?
3. I have previously been able to cut through 3mm MDF at a speed of 10 and 60% power.

Pictures of how the laser tube looks when it works and how it only cut in the surface.

Hope someone can help.

Greetings Kjeld
Attachments
A.jpg
A.jpg (172.91 KiB) Viewed 11480 times
B.jpg
B.jpg (170.78 KiB) Viewed 11480 times
hangrex5

Re: 50 watt co2 laser that will not cut through 3mm MDF

Post by hangrex5 »

Hey,

Try these steps

Power Supply: Check if the power supply is working consistently.

Mirrors and Lens: Ensure they are clean and correctly aligned.

Settings: Use the same settings that previously worked – speed at 10 and power at 60%.

If the problem persists, consider consulting a professional technician for further assistance.
ottsen

Post by ottsen »

Hi hangrex5

Thanks for your reply, I have tried all your sugestions, and I contacted the suplyer of the new tube, and they will send a new tube, the teknician from the company says that it is a faulty tube.

Now I am waiting for the new tube.

Best regards
Kjeld
hangrex5

Post by hangrex5 »

ottsen wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:46 am Hi hangrex5

Thanks for your reply, I have tried all your sugestions, and I contacted the suplyer of the new tube, and they will send a new tube, the teknician from the company says that it is a faulty tube.

Now I am waiting for the new tube.

Best regards
Kjeld
Hey

Have you received your new tube..?

If it arrived than it works after replacing the old tube..?
BrettLampkin

Post by BrettLampkin »

I really loved how my Engraver machine works, It's very easy to operate.
"You can Check the variety of Laser Tech available which makes the work easier at Laser Engraver and Cutter Machines (Laser Engraver and Cutter Machines — Monportlaser) you can use this code to get some discount “MPAndre10”
jgarciaa

Post by jgarciaa »

While troubleshooting your 50 watt CO2 laser's inability to cut through 3mm MDF, it's crucial to consider potential causes such as the power supply, mirrors, lens, and settings. However, if you're looking for a reliable solution, I recommend considering Monport lasers as they are known for their high quality and reliability. You can explore their laser products https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 With Monport lasers, you can expect a user-friendly experience and excellent performance for your cutting needs. Nonetheless, if issues persist, seeking assistance from a professional technician or the manufacturer's technical support team may provide further insights.