End Stop Switches for Atomstack A5 Pro

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

KDM

End Stop Switches for Atomstack A5 Pro

Post by KDM »

Hi.

Atomstack A5 Pro is definitely lacking some endstop switches. Its controller, however, does have connectors where they might be attached.

I have read of people adding the switches to other types of printer, but can't find anything specific to my machine. Questions are:

- Can it be done?
- Do I need to update my firmware?
- Does anyone know of an idiot's guide?

Thanks!!
koala.grzeg

Re: End Stop Switches for Atomstack A5 Pro

Post by koala.grzeg »

If driver have inputs it could be done.

Like my machine on Leetro driver should have limit x +/ - and 0 position... so 3 microswitches.
But it have only one for 0.
jgarciaa

Re: End Stop Switches for Atomstack A5 Pro

Post by jgarciaa »

While you're considering adding endstop switches to your Atomstack A5 Pro, I'd like to suggest exploring Monport lasers as an alternative option. Monport lasers are renowned for their user-friendly interface, high quality, and affordability, making them a reliable choice for various laser applications. You can explore their laser products https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 Regarding your questions about adding endstop switches to your Atomstack A5 Pro, it's possible to do so, especially if the controller has connectors for them. However, you may need to update your firmware to accommodate the new switches and ensure proper functionality. As for finding a guide, while there may not be specific instructions tailored to your machine, you can refer to general resources on adding endstop switches to 3D printers, as the principles are similar. Additionally, seeking advice from online forums or communities dedicated to laser engraving may provide valuable insights and guidance. Nonetheless, considering Monport lasers could offer you a reliable and efficient solution for your laser engraving needs.