Embossed Rolling Pin

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

WinDMill

Embossed Rolling Pin

Post by WinDMill »

I am new to lasers and am mostly looking to pick up a hobby in retirement. I would like to buy a laser, looking for something relatively small (desktop) and easy to use. One thing, however, that I would really like to do is make embossed rolling pins (not for a business, but as gifts and so I do not need high speed or throughput). So I need a laser that can make deep patterns on hardwood (e.g., maple) and be able to use a rotary attachment.

What guidance do you have on a machine and specs that I should consider?
koala.grzeg

Re: Embossed Rolling Pin

Post by koala.grzeg »

More power = better results something nearby 100W optical power should be good.
Less powerful machines can do the job but slower; what will cause black burn wood.

But more power Co2 glass tube is bigger machine.
jgarciaa

Re: Embossed Rolling Pin

Post by jgarciaa »

For your retirement hobby of creating embossed rolling pins, I recommend considering Monport lasers as they offer desktop-sized machines that are easy to use and capable of achieving deep patterns on hardwood like maple. Monport lasers are known for their high quality, user-friendly interface, and affordability, making them an excellent choice for hobbyists. You can explore their laser products https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 Specifically, look for a laser engraving machine with a rotary attachment option, as this will allow you to create intricate patterns on cylindrical objects like rolling pins. Additionally, consider machines with sufficient power to engrave deeply into hardwood materials. A machine with around 40-60 watts of power should suffice for your needs. Lastly, ensure the machine comes with user-friendly software for designing and controlling your projects. With a Monport laser, you can enjoy a fulfilling retirement hobby creating personalized gifts with ease and precision.