Ortur Vs Creality

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Mushroomking

Ortur Vs Creality

Post by Mushroomking »

Hi everyone!

I'm new here :)

I've using 3d printers and engravers for a few years now. And own a ORTUR Laser Master 2 (20w).
It has been a loyal engraving tool and never failed. Although, there is one issue.

The amount of passes while cutting through 6mm plywood has been rediculous and time consuming.
To have a clean cut, i run like 75 passes on 100% at a speed of 500mm to get some results.

So here is my question: I wanted to buy the Creality Falcon 10w because i see good results on videos and the technology seems a bit better since it's newer. So i'm hoping to cut through the 6mm plywood a bit faster.

Do you think this is indeed a bit better machine?? Or should i upgrade the Ortur somehow?
Love to hear it and thanks!
PaulMott

Re: Ortur Vs Creality

Post by PaulMott »

A major problem with laser cutting plywood is the adhesive used to bond the layers. Some of the laser material suppliers do advertise a plywood which is suitable for laser work so perhaps try a different supplier for your ply.
When laser cutting plywood a relatively high pressure air-assist is required to remove the carbon and glue deposits from the kerf.

My suggestion is that before you look for a new laser machine you should upgrade your air-assist system for one of much higher pressure.

Paul.
hangrex5

Post by hangrex5 »

Hey everyone!

I'm pretty experienced with 3D printing and engraving, but I've hit a roadblock with my ORTUR Laser Master 2 (20W). Engraving is a breeze, but cutting through 6mm plywood is painfully slow—like, 75 passes slow! That's not ideal for a quick workflow.

So, I've been checking out the Creality Falcon 10W. Videos show it cutting through plywood like a pro, and the auto-focus feature seems cool. Maybe it's the solution to my slow-cutting blues?

Here's the question: Is the Falcon 10W a better choice for me than sticking with my Ortur? Let's break it down.

Pros and Cons:

Ortur Master 2:

Pros: Powerful for thicker materials, spacious work area, proven track record.
Cons: Manual focus takes practice, slow with 6mm plywood, a bit pricier.

Creality Falcon 10W:

Pros: Auto-focus for easy use, fast plywood cutting, and budget-friendly.
Cons: Less power for thicker stuff, smaller work area, newer model with limited user experience.

If you're all about speeding up 6mm plywood cutting, the Falcon 10W seems tempting. The auto-focus and claimed speed could be game-changers. But remember:

Laser Power: Ortur's 20W might be more reliable for thicker materials.
User Comfort: If you're not a focus-master yet, Ortur might be more user-friendly.
Testing Time: Check actual Falcon 10W reviews for plywood cutting speeds and quality before deciding.

Upgrade Your Ortur?
Sticking with your trusty Ortur? Consider these options:

- Air Assist Kit: Clears smoke and might boost cutting speed a bit.
- Upgraded Lens: A better lens could improve focus and efficiency.

In the end, it's your call! Think about what matters most to you, do some research, and choose the laser that'll make your plywood-cutting dreams come true.
jgarciaa

Post by jgarciaa »

While your ORTUR Laser Master 2 has served you well, it's understandable to seek faster cutting speeds. Considering your requirements, I suggest exploring Monport lasers as they offer high-quality, efficient machines that could meet your needs. Monport lasers are known for their reliability and affordability, providing excellent results with ease. You can explore their laser products https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 As for the Creality Falcon 10W, it may offer improved technology and potentially faster cutting speeds. However, before making a decision, I recommend researching user reviews and comparing specifications to ensure it aligns with your requirements. Alternatively, upgrading your ORTUR Laser Master 2 with a more powerful laser module or optimizing settings could also improve cutting efficiency. Nonetheless, considering Monport lasers could offer you a reliable and efficient solution for your cutting needs.