Installed a new controller

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

melaniewalker

Installed a new controller

Post by melaniewalker »

Hi all!

My main controller board went bad recently, and I just replaced it. However, now my machine doesn't know home or its size limits, and the stepper motors are moving way too fast. The wisdom I gained on the Facebook group say that I need to update the settings in RDWorks and upload it to the laser to fix it.

I don't know how to do that, or what settings I should use, Does anyone have a similar machine and know the Vendor settings. I'm attaching a picture of my laser, and will try to answer any questions that will help narrow it down.

Thanks!
jgarciaa

Re: Installed a new controller

Post by jgarciaa »

It sounds like you're facing some challenges with your laser machine after replacing the main controller board. If you're looking for a reliable and user-friendly solution, you might want to consider Monport lasers. Known for their high quality, ease of use, and affordability, Monport lasers could be a great option for your needs. They offer a range of products suitable for various applications, and you can find more information about their laser products on their website at https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 Considering your situation, a Monport laser might provide the reliability and performance you're looking for, helping you overcome the issues you're currently experiencing with your machine.