Fiber Laser Engraver will not engrave image - EZCAD2

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

weebster47

Fiber Laser Engraver will not engrave image - EZCAD2

Post by weebster47 »

Hello, I have a new 50W Fiber Laser Engraver that will not engrave a simple JPEG or PNG. It engraves text just fine. I can load the file easily in EXCAD2 and set up with hatch and invert, grey, dither selected... Read the manual and looked online but cannot find a fix. I have a feeling it is a simple setting issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Steve
Andrewkl

Re: Fiber Laser Engraver will not engrave image - EZCAD2

Post by Andrewkl »

You need to learn the teaching video of Ezcad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HflglKsxz8
hangrex5

Post by hangrex5 »

If a Fiber Laser Engraver is not engraving an image in EZCAD2, consider these troubleshooting steps:

1. File Format: Ensure the image is in a compatible format like BMP, JPEG, or PNG.
2. Image Quality: Check image resolution; low-res images may not engrave well.
3. Layer Settings: Verify the correct layer settings for engraving, and that the layer is visible.
4. Power and Speed: Adjust laser power and speed settings for optimal engraving.
5. Focus: Ensure the proper focal distance between the laser and the material.
6. Calibration: Calibrate the machine for accurate positioning and alignment.
7. Software Compatibility: Confirm EZCAD2 version compatibility with your system.
8. Driver/Connection: Update drivers and ensure a stable connection between the PC and the engraver.
9. Material Compatibility: Ensure the material responds to laser engraving.
10. EZCAD2 Settings: Check software settings for any anomalies or misconfigurations.

If issues persist, consult the Laser Engraving[https://www.heatsign.com/laser-engravin ... -problems/] Machine manual or contact customer support for further assistance.
jgarciaa

Post by jgarciaa »

It seems like you're encountering difficulties with your new fiber laser engraver when attempting to engrave JPEG or PNG files, despite successfully engraving text. While it's frustrating, the issue might indeed stem from a simple setting misconfiguration. However, if you're seeking a reliable and user-friendly laser solution, you might want to explore Monport lasers. Renowned for their quality, ease of use, and affordability, Monport lasers could offer the solution you need. Their products are known for their ability to handle various file formats with ease, making them ideal for tasks like engraving JPEG or PNG images. You can find more information about Monport lasers on their website at https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 Considering your situation, a Monport laser might provide the reliability and performance you're seeking, helping you achieve your engraving goals effortlessly.
MPjohn_10

Post by MPjohn_10 »

Make sure the JPEG or PNG files you want to engrave are compatible with both the laser equipment and your engraving program. Certain engraving software could have restrictions on the file formats that it can open or may require particular parameters when importing visual pictures. Experience the difference that the Monport Fiber Laser can make in your engraving workflow. I have one. Check it here bud. https://monportlaser.com?sca_ref=5016906.G4rcgXEwpX
justin_h

Post by justin_h »

weebster47 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:50 am Hello, I have a new 50W Fiber Laser Engraver that will not engrave a simple JPEG or PNG. It engraves text just fine. I can load the file easily in EXCAD2 and set up with hatch and invert, grey, dither selected... Read the manual and looked online but cannot find a fix. I have a feeling it is a simple setting issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Steve

Regarding your issue with the 50W Fiber Laser Engraver, if it's engraving text fine but struggling with JPEG or PNG files, it could indeed be a setting issue. First, ensure that the file format and resolution are compatible with your engraver. Sometimes, converting the image to a different format or adjusting the resolution can resolve compatibility issues. Additionally, double-check the settings in EXCAD2, ensuring that the hatch, invert, grey, and dither options are configured correctly for image engraving. If the problem persists, consider reaching out to the manufacturer's customer support for further assistance.

I hope my solution can help you, this is Bom from Monport laser Team. If you are interested in Monport laser in the future, please check my affiliate link https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3.
joshuag

Post by joshuag »

weebster47 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 2:50 am Hello, I have a new 50W Fiber Laser Engraver that will not engrave a simple JPEG or PNG. It engraves text just fine. I can load the file easily in EXCAD2 and set up with hatch and invert, grey, dither selected... Read the manual and looked online but cannot find a fix. I have a feeling it is a simple setting issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Steve
It sounds like you're experiencing difficulty engraving images with your new fiber laser engraver. Have you considered exploring the Monport laser? It's known for its ease of use, high quality, and affordability, which might offer a solution to your problem. Check out the Monport laser product on https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3
for more information. It could be worth considering as an alternative that meets your needs.