need help please

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Shaggy2023

need help please

Post by Shaggy2023 »

i am a total newby to laser engraving and am looking for some advice .... i have a vevor 3018 pro laser engraver and i want to cut out some intricate pattens the laser fitted is a sanwu model xtso5 i tried to cut some out with the grbl software supplied with 3 passes ,no joy with that so i emailed vevor and they said the laser is not powerful enough only for engraving so i asked if there was an upgrade and they told me to upgrade to a 10w laser . but it was nearly £200 so what i would like to find out if i do need to upgrade the laser unit and if so is there a particular laser to go for
jgarciaa

Re: need help please

Post by jgarciaa »

Considering your situation, upgrading to a more powerful laser might indeed be necessary for cutting intricate patterns effectively. While Vevor suggested upgrading to a 10W laser, it's essential to ensure compatibility with your Vevor 3018 Pro laser engraver. As you explore your options, I recommend considering the Monport laser, known for its high quality and affordability. Monport offers a range of laser products suitable for various applications, including cutting intricate patterns. Their lasers are user-friendly and known for their performance, making them a reliable choice for beginners and experienced users alike. You can check out the Monport laser product line on https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 to find a suitable upgrade that fits your budget and requirements.