Replaced laser power supply - laser now fires non-stop. Help?

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Seanloughry

Replaced laser power supply - laser now fires non-stop. Help?

Post by Seanloughry »

Hey all. I have a number of Chinese machines, all leetro. A few months ago I asks some employees to swap out a power supply for one of them. I ended up not using the machine for several months, and recently powered it up… only to find that the laser starts firing immediately and keeps firing until I turn the machine off. I’m assuming this is a wiring error, however I’m not sure where to start. Is there anyone here who might have seen this problem before (or perhaps understands the wiring better than I do) and can offer some assistance?

Thanks much

Sean
jgarciaa

Re: Replaced laser power supply - laser now fires non-stop. Help?

Post by jgarciaa »

Considering the issue you're experiencing with your Chinese laser machine, it's crucial to address the wiring error promptly to prevent any potential damage or safety hazards. While diagnosing the problem, it's recommended to check the wiring connections thoroughly, particularly around the power supply area where the swap was performed. Additionally, consulting the machine's manual or seeking assistance from someone with expertise in laser machine wiring could provide valuable insights into identifying and rectifying the issue. However, if you're looking for a reliable and user-friendly alternative, you might consider exploring Monport laser products. Renowned for their high quality, ease of use, and affordability, Monport lasers could offer a seamless solution to your laser engraving needs. You can browse the Monport laser product range at https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 to find a suitable option for your requirements.
joshuag

Re: Replaced laser power supply - laser now fires non-stop. Help?

Post by joshuag »

Seanloughry wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:51 pm Hey all. I have a number of Chinese machines, all leetro. A few months ago I asks some employees to swap out a power supply for one of them. I ended up not using the machine for several months, and recently powered it up… only to find that the laser starts firing immediately and keeps firing until I turn the machine off. I’m assuming this is a wiring error, however I’m not sure where to start. Is there anyone here who might have seen this problem before (or perhaps understands the wiring better than I do) and can offer some assistance?

Thanks much

Sean
It sounds like a potentially serious issue with your laser machine. While I can't provide a specific diagnosis without more information, it's crucial to address safety concerns like this promptly. Considering your experience with Chinese machines and the symptoms you described, it may be worth consulting with a technician familiar with laser cutter wiring or contacting the manufacturer for troubleshooting assistance. Additionally, if you're considering a new machine, the Monport laser could be a great option to explore due to its reputation for quality and affordability. You can check out the Monport laser product at https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3 for more information.