How to adjust for height?

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Dieselrider

How to adjust for height?

Post by Dieselrider »

I have looked at Ortur and x tool and a few other engravers but, they all set so close to the table that I couldn't see how I could engrave the bottom of a large salad bowl that I turn on a wood lathe without making a stand to hold the laser rails up higher than the couple inches that these engravers look like they can handle. Do folks make stands to raise these machines up or are you limited to what height they allow?

Thanks
Tribo

Re: How to adjust for height?

Post by Tribo »

If the focus is fixed, the distance between the laser module and the surface of the part is always the same (usually a few mm)... if the focus is adjustable, you can move the module away and then adjust the focus, which is convenient for great height.
jgarciaa

Post by jgarciaa »

Considering your need for engraving the bottom of large objects like salad bowls, it's worth exploring the Monport laser product range. Monport lasers are known for their versatility and can be easily mounted on custom stands or raised platforms to accommodate various workpiece heights. They offer high quality engraving capabilities while remaining easy to use and affordable. Visit https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 o explore the Monport laser product offerings and find a solution that suits your specific needs.
joshuag

Post by joshuag »

Dieselrider wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:24 pm I have looked at Ortur and x tool and a few other engravers but, they all set so close to the table that I couldn't see how I could engrave the bottom of a large salad bowl that I turn on a wood lathe without making a stand to hold the laser rails up higher than the couple inches that these engravers look like they can handle. Do folks make stands to raise these machines up or are you limited to what height they allow?

Thanks
While other engravers may have limitations in terms of height clearance, the Monport laser offers a solution to your needs. With its adjustable height settings and versatile design, the Monport laser can accommodate larger objects like salad bowls with ease. Plus, it's known for being very nice, easy to use, high quality, and affordable. Check out the Monport laser product at https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3 to see how it can meet your engraving needs effortlessly!