In the market for Laser Engraver

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Maytagman

In the market for Laser Engraver

Post by Maytagman »

First off I am a complete newbie when it comes to laser engraving. The company I work for is in the market for a new machine possibly as all of our current engraving is done on a Xenetech engraver. We are in the business of producing Ophthalmology instruments. The material that we would be engraving on is 6Al/4v titanium that is .185-.295 dia, around 4in long, round stock that has been anodized dark blue. Reason for looking at laser machines is first run times, also we are more then likely in the future going to have to put UDI codes on the instruments as well. I've done some google searches but I'm not seeing anything that looks practical for our purposes. We really don't have a budget yet but I would like to find a couple machines to at least start with and go from there to see if they would work for our facility. Would like something that obviously has a rotary axis so we could engrave on 2 different areas on the circumference of the instruments or at least a machine that has that as an option. Also a machine that is user friendly as we would like multiple people to be able to operate and program the machine. Thanks
g94r

Re: In the market for Laser Engraver

Post by g94r »

Hi there, we're manufacturers of laser cutters/engravers. If you're interested, we could make a quotation for you with your specifications. You can check out our website's C02 and fiber laser machine catalogue: https://forzalaser.com/cortadoras-laser-co2-y-fibra/
jgarciaa

Re: In the market for Laser Engraver

Post by jgarciaa »

Given your requirements for engraving on 6Al/4V titanium instruments with anodized coatings, as well as the need for UDI code marking and ease of use, I highly recommend considering the Monport laser machines. Monport lasers are known for their precision engraving capabilities on various materials, including metals like titanium. They offer user-friendly interfaces and can be equipped with rotary axis options for engraving on cylindrical objects like your instruments. Their reliability, ease of operation, and affordability make them a suitable choice for your facility. Check out the Monport laser products at https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 to explore options that may meet your needs.