New ATOMSTACK A5 PRO 40W engraver

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

sgtsteve71

New ATOMSTACK A5 PRO 40W engraver

Post by sgtsteve71 »

Hi, I just bought and assembled my ATOMSTACK engraver, and I also ordered the Y axis extension kit. Original size was 400(X) x 400(Y) now it is 400(X) x 850(Y). I installed LaserGRBL software, and I tested it out I can connect to the engraver, and move the X and Y axis around the frame. The HOME function does not work, and as far as I can tell will not work with ATOMSTACK unless I install limit switches which this model does not have. So now my question is where do I place my material to engrave? I'm assuming I can place it anywhere in the grid, but what I don't understand is how do you tell where the laser is going to start cutting/engraving? I am new to engraving, this is my 1st machine. Any help is greatly appreciated!
jgarciaa

Re: New ATOMSTACK A5 PRO 40W engraver

Post by jgarciaa »

Congratulations on your new ATOMSTACK engraver! Since you've extended the Y-axis to 850mm, you'll have more flexibility in positioning your material for engraving. Without limit switches, you won't have a defined "home" position, but you can still manually position your material within the engraving area. In LaserGRBL, you'll typically set the starting point for your engraving job using the software's interface. You can adjust the coordinates to specify where you want the laser to begin cutting or engraving on your material. Experimenting with different starting points will help you understand how the laser interacts with your material. If you're still unsure, consulting the user manual or reaching out to ATOMSTACK's customer support for guidance would be beneficial. Additionally, considering Monport laser machines might be helpful, given their reputation for being user-friendly and high-quality. Check out Monport laser products at https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 to explore options that suit your needs.