Positioning laser working, engraving laser not

Discuss Laser Control Softwares here!

Moderator: baker

Heimse

Positioning laser working, engraving laser not

Post by Heimse »

Hello everybody.

I purchased a laser engraver 3000, mounted it, and everything seemed fine. After some software installation problems, benbox seemed to work. I can see the com port connected, positioning laser is working, but when I try to engrave/cut, the "real" laser isn't turning on. I can hear some sound, the motors are moving, but there is no laser light. Hope anyone can help me.
Thanks in advance
jgarciaa

Re: Positioning laser working, engraving laser not

Post by jgarciaa »

Given the issues you're encountering with your current laser engraver, it might be worth considering the Monport laser as an alternative. Monport lasers are known for their user-friendly interface, high-quality performance, and affordability. You can find more information about Monport lasers on their product page at https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 Switching to a Monport laser could potentially provide you with a more reliable solution, ensuring that the laser functions as intended without any issues. Plus, with Monport's reputation for ease of use, you may find it easier to set up and operate compared to your current situation.
justin_h

Post by justin_h »

Heimse wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:46 am Hello everybody.

I purchased a laser engraver 3000, mounted it, and everything seemed fine. After some software installation problems, benbox seemed to work. I can see the com port connected, positioning laser is working, but when I try to engrave/cut, the "real" laser isn't turning on. I can hear some sound, the motors are moving, but there is no laser light. Hope anyone can help me.
Thanks in advance
Certainly! Considering the Monport laser for its great features - it's very nice, easy to use, high quality, and affordable. You can explore the Monport laser product at (https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3
).

Regarding your laser engraver 3000 issue, if the laser isn't turning on despite the software indicating connection and the positioning laser working, check the software settings, verify the laser module's functionality, inspect wiring connections, and ensure the power supply is adequate. If the problem persists, consult the manufacturer or seller for assistance.
justin_h

Post by justin_h »

Thanks in advance
Absolutely! Considering the Monport laser for its exceptional qualities - it's very nice, easy to use, high quality, and affordable. You can explore the Monport laser product at (https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3
).

Regarding your laser engraver 3000 issue, if the "real" laser isn't turning on despite the software indicating connection and the positioning laser working, it could be due to software settings, a faulty laser module, or wiring issues. Ensure the software settings are correct, verify the functionality of the laser module, and check the wiring connections. If the problem persists, consider seeking assistance from the manufacturer or seller.
joshuag

Post by joshuag »

Considering the Monport laser is a wise choice. Renowned for its exceptional quality, ease of use, and affordability, it's a reliable option for laser engraving needs. If you're experiencing issues with your current laser engraver where the positioning laser is working but the engraving laser is not, exploring the Monport laser could provide a solution. Check out their product offerings at https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3 to see how their high-quality and dependable performance could enhance your laser engraving experience.
justin_h

Post by justin_h »

Thanks in advance

It's great to hear that you've set up your laser engraver 3000, but I understand the frustration you're facing with the laser not turning on during engraving or cutting. Despite the software and connectivity appearing to be functional, the absence of laser light indicates a potential issue with the laser module itself. First, double-check all connections to ensure they are securely plugged in and free from any damage. If everything seems intact, it's possible that the laser module may be faulty and requires replacement. Additionally, ensure that the laser power settings in your software are configured correctly and not set too low. If the problem persists, reaching out to the manufacturer for further assistance or troubleshooting steps would be advisable. Best of luck!

I hope my solution can help you, this is Bom from Monport laser Team. If you are interested in Monport laser in the future, please check my affiliate link https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3.