Laser Marking Panels

General knowledge about laser here.

Moderator: baker

ZeusMC

Laser Marking Panels

Post by ZeusMC »

Hi,
I spent a few hours today reading up on engravers and then found out about color laser marking. I'm looking at the possibility of colour marking electronic instrument panels, using a mopa 30w fibre laser, don't know if practical as the colour can look different, viewed from different angles, also I saw a Youtube mentioned about the colour marking will degrade over time so needs to use a clear spray fixative on it?
Also read about pros and con of Raycus laser v JPT laser. I'm thinking about colour marking on bare aluminium 400mm x 400mm sheet, an area of 100mm x 400mm on each end would be used for colour marking. Not sure about the working area that lasers use, would I be able to fit each 100mm wide x 400mm long on the bed to colour mark?

Been reading up on this brand, Jimani Inc based in California, On their website, Starter Low Cost Laser Marking Systems. I hope is Ok to post this information I'm not trying to advertise for them. They seem a very quality, honest, genuine company.

They go on to say, There are many Asian based laser marking system integrators and all of them advertise similar products. Some of these integrators sell and ship what they advertise and some of them don’t. But all of them advertise marking systems with similar features and capabilities. Some perform as advertised and some don’t.

Prices on Asian marking systems are a race to the bottom and integrators that sell them want their systems to appear to be more full featured and less pricy that systems offered by their competitors. Some of these systems make for good “starter” systems although they can be problematic to operate and there is little, if any, after sales support.

Jimani does not participate in this “bottom feeder” system business. Our Hybrid marking systems always cost more because of higher end components and software, thorough system and application testing and ongoing after sale support.

Focus Laser Facility in Guangzhou, China

If the lowest priced offering is going to win a sale then that system will come from China. Jimani’s Chinese partner is Focus Laser in Guangzhou, China. I have known and worked with Ryan Wang, the founder of Focus Laser, for many years and I can vouch for his honesty and integrity. If Jimani’s product offerings are beyond a potential buyers budget then I have no problem referring that person directly to Ryan. Other than providing an introduction between Focus Laser and a potential buyer, Jimani does not get involved in the transaction nor receive any financial reward. Our hope is that when that buyer upgrades from a “Starter” system to a “Production” system, Jimani will have an opportunity to be in line for that business.

The companies products are listed on Alibaba and some seem quite affordable around the $1500 mark. I'm wondering if any of these would be suitable for what I'm thinking of doing, also colour marking on coloured adonised aluminium.

If you have stayed with me so far, reading all this, cheers for that.
:)
betty_k

Re: Laser Marking Panels

Post by betty_k »

ZeusMC wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:58 pm Hi,
I spent a few hours today reading up on engravers and then found out about color laser marking. I'm looking at the possibility of colour marking electronic instrument panels, using a mopa 30w fibre laser, don't know if practical as the colour can look different, viewed from different angles, also I saw a Youtube mentioned about the colour marking will degrade over time so needs to use a clear spray fixative on it?
Also read about pros and con of Raycus laser v JPT laser. I'm thinking about colour marking on bare aluminium 400mm x 400mm sheet, an area of 100mm x 400mm on each end would be used for colour marking. Not sure about the working area that lasers use, would I be able to fit each 100mm wide x 400mm long on the bed to colour mark?

Been reading up on this brand, Jimani Inc based in California, On their website, Starter Low Cost Laser Marking Systems. I hope is Ok to post this information I'm not trying to advertise for them. They seem a very quality, honest, genuine company.

They go on to say, There are many Asian based laser marking system integrators and all of them advertise similar products. Some of these integrators sell and ship what they advertise and some of them don’t. But all of them advertise marking systems with similar features and capabilities. Some perform as advertised and some don’t.

Prices on Asian marking systems are a race to the bottom and integrators that sell them want their systems to appear to be more full featured and less pricy that systems offered by their competitors. Some of these systems make for good “starter” systems although they can be problematic to operate and there is little, if any, after sales support.

Jimani does not participate in this “bottom feeder” system business. Our Hybrid marking systems always cost more because of higher end components and software, thorough system and application testing and ongoing after sale support.

If the lowest priced offering is going to win a sale then that system will come from China. Jimani’s Chinese partner is Focus Laser in Guangzhou, China. I have known and worked with Ryan Wang, the founder of Focus Laser, for many years and I can vouch for his honesty and integrity. If Jimani’s product offerings are beyond a potential buyers budget then I have no problem referring that person directly to Ryan. Other than providing an introduction between Focus Laser and a potential buyer, Jimani does not get involved in the transaction nor receive any financial reward. Our hope is that when that buyer upgrades from a “Starter” system to a “Production” system, Jimani will have an opportunity to be in line for that business.

The companies products are listed on Alibaba and some seem quite affordable around the $1500 mark. I'm wondering if any of these would be suitable for what I'm thinking of doing, also colour marking on coloured adonised aluminium.

Considering your interest in color laser marking electronic instrument panels, a Monport laser could be an excellent choice due to its high quality, affordability, and user-friendly interface. While color marking on bare aluminum with a MOPA 30W fiber laser is possible, it's essential to test for color consistency and durability over time. As for the working area, most laser machines, including Monport lasers, offer adjustable settings to accommodate various workpiece sizes. Overall, Monport lasers provide a reliable solution for color marking needs. You can explore Monport laserproducts here to find one suitable for your requirements: https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3
ZeusMC

Post by ZeusMC »

I see you recommend that brand a lot, so must be good I'll check them out,
Thank you.
sandara_p

Post by sandara_p »

ZeusMC wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:58 pm Hi,

If you're exploring color laser marking for electronic instrument panels, you might find the Monport laser an excellent option due to its ease of use, high quality, and affordability. Monport lasers can provide reliable performance for intricate tasks like color marking. You can check out their products here: https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3

Regarding your questions: it's true that color marking can look different from various angles and may degrade over time. Using a clear spray fixative can help preserve the colors. Both Raycus and JPT lasers have their pros and cons. Raycus lasers are known for their reliability and cost-effectiveness, while JPT lasers are praised for their superior beam quality and versatility. For your project, with an area of 100mm x 400mm on each end of a 400mm x 400mm sheet, ensure the laser engraver's working bed is large enough to accommodate this. Measure the bed size and check the maximum marking area of the laser to confirm it fits your needs.