Using EZCAD2 to operate multiple 30W fiber lasers

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

cjiv

Using EZCAD2 to operate multiple 30W fiber lasers

Post by cjiv »

Hello,

I am using EZCAD2 to mark aluminum extrusion. I have 4 lasers mounted and set up to mark 4 spots on the extrusion (the same marking in all 4 locations), and all 4 lasers connected to my computer which is running EZCAD2 and has my program open. My computer recognizes all 4 of the lasers when I check my manage devices window from the control panel. However, when I select "mark" using the software, the only laser that marks is the one that was powered on and connected first.

Has anyone used EZCAD2 to operate multiple lasers with the same program? I would think this would be a simple setting change in the software, but I cannot find it in the user manual or anywhere on the message boards.

PS I set up the foot pedal to each of the lasers and the only footpedal that will send the mark signal to the laser is whatever one is connected first.

Thanks for your help!

CJ
zoe hitec cnc

Re: Using EZCAD2 to operate multiple 30W fiber lasers

Post by zoe hitec cnc »

Hi, Is the supplier sent you a CD? there will be video manual for how to use the EZCAD2
WiselyLaserSolution

Post by WiselyLaserSolution »

Hello, just need find the "USBLMCV2" and install the software then send the "Ezcad" to your desktop.
cjiv

Post by cjiv »

Zoe & Wesley,

I don't think you are understanding. I have the software downloaded and opened, and I am able to make the part with one laser at a time. However, I am not able to use to the same program to get all 4 lasers to make at the same time. When I hit the mark button only one laser will begin marking. The laser that marks is always the one that is connected first.

This type of scenario is not covered in the manual. It exclusively talks about using one laser at a time, but I want to use multiple.

Thanks,
CJ