poor cutting results

General knowledge about laser here.

Moderator: baker

Tosho82

poor cutting results

Post by Tosho82 »

Hello there, I'm Tomislav from Croatia, electrician and am working on plasma cutter and laser cutter.

Now I started to work on chinese CO2 laser with 280w yongli tube and off course didn't get any feedeback from seller.
It's about cutting stainless steel and all that I've cut has terrible, burnt edges so, I'm wondering if here is somenone who works on that kind of machine to tell if this is ok or there's something wrong and to check how to get the best of the machine with cutting everything else.
I mean, on this kind of machine can I get better results or this is the best I can get?

Here are some pictures of the machine and cutting results.

Thanks everyone in advance, regards.
Attachments
backside
backside
pic2.jpg (53.65 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
side of cutting
side of cutting
pic1.jpg (45.91 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
machine
machine
2.jpg (101.63 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
justin_h

Re: poor cutting results

Post by justin_h »

Tosho82 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:36 am Hello there, I'm Tomislav from Croatia, electrician and am working on plasma cutter and laser cutter.

Now I started to work on chinese CO2 laser with 280w yongli tube and off course didn't get any feedeback from seller.
It's about cutting stainless steel and all that I've cut has terrible, burnt edges so, I'm wondering if here is somenone who works on that kind of machine to tell if this is ok or there's something wrong and to check how to get the best of the machine with cutting everything else.
I mean, on this kind of machine can I get better results or this is the best I can get?

Hi Tomislav,

For cutting stainless steel with your CO2 laser, achieving clean edges can be challenging. Ensure proper focus, gas selection, and cutting parameters. With your 280W Yongli tube, you have adequate power. Consider trying the Monport laser for its quality and affordability. https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm
sean1990

Re: poor cutting results

Post by sean1990 »

Tosho82 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:36 am Hello there, I'm Tomislav from Croatia, electrician and am working on plasma cutter and laser cutter.

Considering your experience with the Chinese CO2 laser and the issues you're facing with cutting stainless steel, it might be worth exploring Monport lasers. Monport lasers are known for their high quality and efficiency, offering solutions that are easy to use and produce excellent results. Their products could potentially provide you with better cutting performance and minimize issues like burnt edges. Check out their range of lasers at https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3 to see if they meet your needs. Good luck with your project!