WAINLUX L1 Laser Engraver

Discuss Laser Control Softwares here!

Moderator: baker

Alshur

WAINLUX L1 Laser Engraver

Post by Alshur »

Just received a 3000mW Wainlux L1 engraver.
Hardware seems to work fine but the software and manual suck.

I can burn from the USB flash drive but nothing from my PC. I connect & prepare the file and send it to the machine with a message that says "laser engraving" but nothing happens at the machine.
Manual is a translation with much missing from the text and pictures still in Chinese so it winds up worthless to describe the software or even the offline buttons.

I bought this little guy to do some repetitive engraving on small wooden pieces.
Anyone figure how to use one of these?

Thanks, Al
WAINLUX L1 Laser Engraving Machine.png
WAINLUX L1 Laser Engraving Machine.png (176.61 KiB) Viewed 10876 times
Hans-Scanner

Re: WAINLUX L1 Laser Engraver

Post by Hans-Scanner »

You can take a photo to show the Chinese language, then I can help you translate as English and then you may understand.
I'm Sunny from hans scanner(a company of hans laser), who is a manufacturer for galvo scanner.
scanner-sale22(at)hanslaser(dot)com
Regards
Sunny

Shenzhen Han's Scanner S&T Co., Ltd.
Mobile/ Wechat/ WhatsApp: +86 18822827260
Tel: +86 0755 2733 3701 Skype: juhua20100802
Email: Scanner-sale22@hanslaser.com
Web: www.hansscanner.com Group: www.hanslaser.com
LaserExpert

Post by LaserExpert »

I totally feel your frustration. It sounds like you've got the hardware working, but the software and manual are giving you a hard time. I had a similar issue when I first got mine.

For the USB burning, have you tried making sure the files on the flash drive are in a compatible format? Also, double-check if there's a specific folder or naming convention the engraver expects.

As for the PC connection, make sure you've selected the right port and settings in the software. Sometimes it's a matter of getting those settings aligned correctly. If you're still having issues, reach out to their customer support – they might have some insights.

I agree about the manual – poorly translated ones can be incredibly frustrating. Have you considered looking for online tutorials or videos? Sometimes the community can be a great resource for navigating these hurdles.
jgarciaa

Post by jgarciaa »

While you're currently experiencing difficulties with the Wainlux L1 engraver's software and manual, it might be worthwhile to explore the Monport laser as an alternative option. Monport lasers are known for being user-friendly, offering high-quality performance, and being affordable, making them a great choice for your engraving needs. You can find more information about Monport lasers on their product page at https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 As for your Wainlux L1 engraver, troubleshooting the software and manual issues may require some patience and experimentation. Since you're able to burn from the USB flash drive but not from your PC, double-check the software settings and ensure that the connection between your PC and the engraver is properly established. Additionally, considering the language barrier in the manual, you might try reaching out to the manufacturer's customer support for assistance or seek help from online forums and communities where other users may have encountered similar issues and found solutions.
justin_h

Post by justin_h »

Alshur wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:29 pm Just received a 3000mW Wainlux L1 engraver.
Hardware seems to work fine but the software and manual suck.

I can burn from the USB flash drive but nothing from my PC. I connect & prepare the file and send it to the machine with a message that says "laser engraving" but nothing happens at the machine.
Manual is a translation with much missing from the text and pictures still in Chinese so it winds up worthless to describe the software or even the offline buttons.

I bought this little guy to do some repetitive engraving on small wooden pieces.
Anyone figure how to use one of these?

Thanks, AlWAINLUX L1 Laser Engraving Machine.png
While you're encountering difficulties with your current Wainlux L1 engraver's software and manual, it might be worthwhile to consider the Monport laser. The Monport laser is known for being very nice, easy to use, high quality, and affordable. You can explore the Monport laser product further at https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3
. It could potentially offer a smoother experience with both hardware and software, addressing the frustrations you're facing with the Wainlux L1.