HELP - Engraving line shifting on x-axis consistently at same spot

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

possa95

HELP - Engraving line shifting on x-axis consistently at same spot

Post by possa95 »

Hello everyone, sorry to bother you with my problems :)

I am having an issue with a project I am working on. It's the first time I am using Lightburn, I used to use LaserGRBL but I wanted to step up my game. I use an Atomstack X20 pro.

It's essentially a map of my town that is split in 9 panels, and the thing is that some of them are coming out perfectly, while 3-4 of them have this weird x-axis shifting that occurs at the same line for a given panel. You can see an example of that in the picture below, illustrating the panel n.5 that has a line shifting in the lower area of the map:

A few closer pictures to show you the issue:

I don't know what the problem could be. Since it's happening consistently at the same spot I think I can rule out the possibility of a hardware/physical issue, correct?

I think it may have something to do with Lightburn export settings, but then again why are some other panels coming out great with no issues? Also, I wouldn't know how to mess with those export settings.

I also thought it could have something to do with a badly soldered wire, but I think it's not that because the shifting would not happen consistently at the same spot, correct?

Please let me know if you have any piece of advice, I'm kinda lost here :)

Thanks a lot!
Rczsfihev

Re: HELP - Engraving line shifting on x-axis consistently at same spot

Post by Rczsfihev »

To correct a number of communication, file transfer inversion issues, we always prescribe using SEND or SHIFT+SEND when running a job.
SEND function transmits the entire file to the laser controller, then you must start from the controller using the Start/Pause button
SHIFT+SEND function will transmit the entire file, then remote start the file from Lightburn.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING START.
поверхностный [url=http://www.xolodremont.ru]пыльный ремонт холодильников[/url] для сестры
hangrex5

Post by hangrex5 »

It looks like you're encountering a problem with your laser engraving where some of the panels are experiencing an x-axis shifting issue at a certain line. This issue can be caused by a few different factors, and troubleshooting it may require a combination of software and hardware adjustments. Here are some steps you can take to address the issue:

1. Check Design and Software Settings
- Review your design and ensure that the vector paths or bitmap images are set up correctly in the design software (e.g., Lightburn).
- Double-check that the panels with the shifting issue have the same settings as the panels that are coming out perfectly. This includes power, speed, and other engraving settings.
- Make sure there are no sudden jumps or offsets in your design file that could be causing the shifting.

2. Hardware Calibration and Inspection:
- Check if the x-axis belt and motion system are properly tensioned and secured. Any looseness in the belt or mechanical components could cause shifting.
- Inspect the gantry and rails for any debris, obstruction, or damage that could be affecting the smooth movement of the laser head.

3. Laser Alignment:
- Make sure the laser module is securely attached and properly aligned. Misalignment can lead to inconsistent engraving results.
- Check that the lens and mirrors are clean and properly positioned.

4. Software and Firmware Updates:
- Ensure you are using the latest version of Lightburn software and that your Atomstack X20 Pro's firmware is up to date. Sometimes updates can fix bugs or improve performance.

5. Communication and Connection:
- Ensure that your computer's connection to the laser engraver is stable. Sometimes communication errors can result in unexpected behavior.
- If you're using USB, try a different cable or USB port. If you're using wireless communication, ensure a stable connection.

6. Buffer and Memory:
- If the engraver uses a buffer, it might be running out of memory causing the shifting. Try reducing the complexity of the design or splitting it into smaller sections.

7. Contact Support:
- If you've exhausted the above steps and the issue persists, it might be a hardware defect or an issue specific to the Atomstack X20 Pro. In this case, it's recommended to reach out to Atomstack's customer support for further assistance.

Remember to document any changes you make and the results you observe, as this will help you track your troubleshooting progress and isolate the root cause of the issue.
jgarciaa

Post by jgarciaa »

It sounds like you're encountering some issues with your laser engraving project using Lightburn software and an Atomstack X20 Pro. While transitioning from LaserGRBL to Lightburn can enhance your capabilities, it's important to troubleshoot any unexpected behavior. Have you checked the alignment of your X-axis and ensured that the panels are being processed consistently? Monport lasers are known for their user-friendly interface and high-quality performance, which could potentially help resolve such issues. It might be worth considering their range to see if they offer a solution that fits your needs. https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3