color oxidation question.

General knowledge about laser here.

Moderator: baker

biketa245

color oxidation question.

Post by biketa245 »

I hope I am not asking something that has been answered before on here. I have a xtool d1 20w diode laser. It claims the ability to use oxidation to color up to 300+ colors on metal. i have tried everything i can find online to achieve this spectrum. I am using anodized aluminum and only get a metals silver/white "color". is there something i am missing? elaborate i have tried different powers, different line density, line angles, and speeds. i feel stupid. please help
PaulMott

Re: color oxidation question.

Post by PaulMott »

Please don’t feel stupid, I have been trying to do just this for some time now and so far been unsuccessful.

Although Xtool show colour engraving illustrations and describe their D1 20W diode laser as being capable I think they are just being over-optimistic in their claims.

Colour laser engraving is more usually accomplished using a MOPA fiber laser & associated software which can accurately control the laser’s pulse frequency as well as the pulse width.

My suggestion is that you contact Xtool directly and ask them to tell you just how it can be done using the D1 20W.

I would love to be proved wrong, so if Xtool can give you the required information please share it with the community here.

Paul.