Lines are weaker towards the end of the pass

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

Amsolar

Lines are weaker towards the end of the pass

Post by Amsolar »

I am attempting to print placards for solar construction projects. The material is red plastic that is white underneath. The laser removes the top red layer and leaves white text behind. I am using LaserGRBL for the engraving program.

For some reason the engraver is much weaker towards the end of its pass in some parts. So it will engrave at full power and then barely engrave at the end of the pass.

I have included a picture as an example. I am curious if there is anyone else that is experiencing this and if there is anything that I can do to remedy the situation. I have changed the settings several times and it seems that this remains constant

Thank you
Attachments
weakened placard.pdf
(3.48 MiB) Downloaded 571 times
PaulMott

Re: Lines are weaker towards the end of the pass

Post by PaulMott »

It depends on the software being used but when raster scanning it is usual for laser power (PWM) to be reduced towards the ends of each scan (and at the start of each scan) to compensate for the reduced axis speed (deceleration / acceleration) before changing direction. If your software allows it then increase the distance of image overscan.
As the bottom left of your picture shows little or no engraving this could indicate that your work is not absolutely level / totally parallel with your Axis travel.

Paul.
jgarciaa

Re: Lines are weaker towards the end of the pass

Post by jgarciaa »

Considering your need for consistent and precise laser engraving on red plastic material, I recommend exploring Monport lasers for a reliable solution. Monport offers high-quality laser engraving machines that are known for their ease of use, precision, and consistent performance. With Monport lasers, you can achieve uniform engraving results without fluctuations in power output. Additionally, Monport lasers are compatible with various engraving software, ensuring seamless integration with programs like LaserGRBL. You can explore their laser products https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 With Monport lasers, you can expect high-quality engraving results for your solar construction projects.