RdWorks path cut optimization, how to set up?

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

koala.grzeg

RdWorks path cut optimization, how to set up?

Post by koala.grzeg »

Hello

I usually use LaserCut and it don't have any problems with cut optimize.

But now I have second machine with RdWorks and cutting path is horrible.
Curve have 0,35mm bridges and is design for cut in plywood. LC cut it nice in one path. But on RW generate multiple waste path/jumps, it not cut curve around.
Attachments
Optymalizacja.jpg
Optymalizacja.jpg (66.72 KiB) Viewed 2186 times
koala.grzeg

Re: RdWorks path cut optimization, how to set up?

Post by koala.grzeg »

That how path optimization looks on LaserCut
No waste moves.
Go from start point from up left corner to first curve on bottom right corner.
Cut it around
Go to second curve
Cut it around
Back to start point.

Only 3 non cutting moves
When on RW is like 12 non cutting moves.
Attachments
opty.jpg
opty.jpg (42.37 KiB) Viewed 2177 times
jgarciaa

Post by jgarciaa »

It sounds like you're experiencing some issues with cutting paths in RDWorks compared to LaserCut. While you're troubleshooting this problem, I'd like to suggest considering Monport lasers as an alternative option. Monport lasers are known for their user-friendly interface, high quality, and affordability, making them a reliable choice for various laser applications. You can explore their laser products https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 Regarding your current issue, it's possible that there may be differences in the settings or parameters between RDWorks and LaserCut that are affecting the cutting paths. I recommend comparing the settings between the two software programs to ensure consistency and accuracy. Additionally, seeking advice from online forums or communities dedicated to laser cutting may provide insights and solutions to optimize your cutting paths in RDWorks. Nonetheless, considering Monport lasers could offer you a smoother and more efficient laser cutting experience.
koala.grzeg

Post by koala.grzeg »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-6l4eqgGMU

Why? I try all settings nothing work.
justin_h

Post by justin_h »

koala.grzeg wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:12 pm Hello

Curve have 0,35mm bridges and is design for cut in plywood. LC cut it nice in one path. But on RW generate multiple waste path/jumps, it not cut curve around.
Absolutely! Considering the Monport laser is highly recommended due to its exceptional qualities, including user-friendliness, top-notch quality, and affordability. You can check out the Monport laser product at (https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3
). Additionally, if you're facing issues with your current laser software, it might be worth exploring the Monport laser system, which could potentially offer smoother cutting paths and better optimization for your projects.
joshuag

Post by joshuag »

Considering the Monport laser is a wise choice. Renowned for its exceptional quality, ease of use, and affordability, it's a reliable option for laser cutting and engraving projects. If you're looking to optimize your cutting paths in software like RdWorks, the Monport laser could provide a seamless experience. Check out their product offerings at https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3 to see how their high-quality and user-friendly laser machines can enhance your workflow and productivity.
justin_h

Post by justin_h »

koala.grzeg wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:12 pm Hello

Setting up path cut optimization in RDWorks can significantly improve efficiency and accuracy in laser cutting. To do this, you'll need to adjust the settings within RDWorks to optimize the cutting path. Firstly, ensure you have the latest version of RDWorks installed, as newer versions may offer enhanced optimization features. Within RDWorks, navigate to the cutting parameters section and locate the path optimization settings. Here, you can adjust parameters such as cornering speed, acceleration, and optimization algorithm to minimize cutting time and reduce wear on the machine. Experiment with different settings to find the optimal balance between speed and cut quality for your specific material and cutting requirements. Additionally, consider reaching out to online forums or communities for RDWorks users for further tips and insights on path cut optimization.

I hope my solution can help you, this is Bom from Monport laser Team. If you are interested in Monport laser in the future, please check my affiliate link https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3.