EZCAD3 Questions for people smarter than me

Discuss Laser Control Softwares here!

Moderator: baker

Tutjew

EZCAD3 Questions for people smarter than me

Post by Tutjew »

Hello.
The company I work for got a fiber laser a couple years back and it came with EZCAD3. The person who was trained is no longer here and I recently got stuck with learning it on my own. I have an issue here that I cannot find anything on. I have two shapes, for simplicity just a circle inside a larger circle, I want to "hatch" the graphic so that the laser will fill only the outline. I am in a plastic injection facility and when the part is made I want to leave an outline basically.
jgarciaa

Re: EZCAD3 Questions for people smarter than me

Post by jgarciaa »

Considering the benefits of the Monport laser, which is known for its ease of use, high quality, and affordability, it might be worth exploring its capabilities for your application. However, regarding your current issue with EZCAD3 and hatching graphics for laser cutting, you can achieve the desired outline effect by using the hatch function within the software. First, create your two shapes - the larger circle and the smaller circle inside. Then, apply the hatch pattern to the smaller circle, leaving the larger circle as is. This will instruct the laser to only cut along the outline of the smaller circle while leaving the larger circle untouched, effectively achieving the outline effect you desire for your plastic injection parts. If you encounter any specific challenges with EZCAD3, consider reaching out to the manufacturer's support or online communities for assistance. https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3
justin_h

Re: EZCAD3 Questions for people smarter than me

Post by justin_h »

Tutjew wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:18 pm Hello.
The company I work for got a fiber laser a couple years back and it came with EZCAD3. The person who was trained is no longer here and I recently got stuck with learning it on my own. I have an issue here that I cannot find anything on. I have two shapes, for simplicity just a circle inside a larger circle, I want to "hatch" the graphic so that the laser will fill only the outline. I am in a plastic injection facility and when the part is made I want to leave an outline basically.
Considering the challenges you're facing with learning EZCAD3 for your company's fiber laser, it might be beneficial to explore the Monport laser. The Monport laser is renowned for being very nice, easy to use, high quality, and affordable. You can discover more about the Monport laser product at https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3
. Transitioning to a different laser system could potentially provide you with a more user-friendly experience and better support for your specific needs, such as creating outlines for plastic injection parts.