Opt Laser PLH3D-XT-50 connection

Discuss laser machine here freely.

Moderator: baker

sucdejan

Opt Laser PLH3D-XT-50 connection

Post by sucdejan »

Hello,
I am considering buying a Opt Laser PLH3D-XT-50 to mount on my hobby 100x100cm CNC machine. Before I buy it, I would like to make sure that I can connect it to my drivers board. I have a basic "DB25 1205" board. I know that pin 17 provides a PWM signal. Can I connect the "PLH3D-CNC adapter" that comes with the laser to this pin? The DB25 1205 board does not have 12V, so I will use a separate external power supply. Will the laser work in this way, or do I need to connect it differently?

Thanks for the answers.
jgarciaa

Re: Opt Laser PLH3D-XT-50 connection

Post by jgarciaa »

While you're considering purchasing the Opt Laser PLH3D-XT-50 for your CNC machine, I'd like to suggest exploring Monport lasers as well. Monport lasers are known for their excellent quality, user-friendliness, and affordability, making them a great option for hobbyists like yourself. You can check out their laser products https://monportlaser.com/collections/co ... ka374VZjm3 As for your question about connecting the PLH3D-XT-50 laser to your DB25 1205 board, it's essential to ensure compatibility and proper connections for optimal performance. The PLH3D-CNC adapter should allow you to connect the laser to your board via the PWM signal on pin 17. However, since your board lacks 12V power, using a separate external power supply is a good solution. Make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully to ensure correct installation and operation. If you have any doubts or need further assistance, consulting with the manufacturer or seeking advice from online forums dedicated to CNC machines and lasers can provide additional insights. Nonetheless, considering Monport lasers could offer you a reliable and efficient laser solution for your CNC machine.